Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firetshirts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 07:25 PM
    1997 Ford Explorer overdrive trouble.
    I have a 1997 Ford Explorer, 4wd, 188k mi. My check engine light is on and it gave me a p1762 code error. The transmission does not seem to be going into overdrive or 3rd gear. I can still go 60 mph but the engine rpm's are at 3k. The OD button is on the shifter and seems to be working. The OD light does not blink or anything like that. Am I looking at a full rebuild? Or is there a cheaper fix? Thanks.
    itsjb5 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Poss band is broken or servo to apply it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 GMC truck overdrive not working [ 7 Answers ]

Just got a new transmisson put in my truck.Does not shift in overdrive. My engine and ABS light is on. Just got the transmisson check guy said it fine. What could be the problem?

RABS Ford Explorer [ 1 Answers ]

The rear anti-lock brakes light on the dash is on on my 1992, is there a likely problem to cause this? I took the sensor out from the differential to clean it but it did'nt help. What's the first thing to check or replace? Thanks Rudy

A/C on a 98 Ford Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a new engine put in my '98 Explorer and now the a/c doesn't work. When I talked to the service manager at Ford I was told that they didn't go near the a/c and that they weren't responsible for fixing it. This is what they told me was wrong with the a/c; I needed a new accumulator,...

View more questions Search