Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2012, 12:46 PM
    Apps
    Hello:

If I wrote an app for a smart phone, does it have to be sold at the Apple app store? What about the other smartphones? Can I build a site where they download my app?

excon
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
    To my knowledge, Android is the only platform where users can install apps from unofficial sources. So yes, you can build a site to host your Android app for download. The platforms I'm not sure of are Symbian, Windows phones and BlackBerry. But those all have such a small portion of the market share it's not even worth figuring out.

All iPhone apps must be installed via the AppStore, which, only has approved iPhone apps (the approval process takes weeks). The only way around this is to jailbreak an iPhone, but, the vast majority of users don't have jailbroken iPhones.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Hello slap:

Thanks.. Do you want to write my zillion $$ app? It's NOT a complicated one.

excon
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello slap:

Thanks.. Do you wanna write my zillion $$ app? It's NOT a complicated one.

excon
    Lol maybe.

In the corporate world, exluding the gaming and technology industries, these are the tools mobile developers are using.

Both of these use HTML, CSS and JavaScript to build apps for iPhone, Android and other platforms. The long and short of it is that you develop one logic that is applied to all mobile platforms.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    lol maybe.
    Hello again, s:

Cool.. Let's make some bucks...

Do you remember the lady who "fell down and couldn't get up"? I was IN that business, but MY application was in convenience stores... The operation was the same...

I HAVE a central station here that would answer the emergency calls. I just need an application that turns a smartphone into the emergency device. When a customer, say a young lady, enters a dark parking garage, and gets nervous, she launches the app. A big red button appears on the screen that phones the central station when pushed.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IPOD TOUCH APPS. I tap mY apps then the page goes blank and goes back to main menu! [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought an iPod touch 2days ago and I got a few apps and they worked the first day. Now every time I touch my iPod touch apps the page goes blank then goes straight to main menu. Anyone know how to fix this?

Battery apps [ 3 Answers ]

What are the best battery apps to get for your iPod/iPhone

Apps to ensure PC health. [ 3 Answers ]

What Apps do you consider a must to ensure the health of your PC ?

View more questions Search