Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onceinalifetime Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Jun 15, 2012, 04:53 AM
    Are my parents abusing me? If so what should I do?
    Ok... my parents beat me with a belt... although my dad calls it 'royaly whipped' or 'getting your butt skinned' *shudders* when I was younger, to beat me, they would have me take off my bottom clothing... sometime they would have me take off my underwear also... as I got older I kept my pants or shorts on... although one time my mom told me to do it again when dad said 'i was getting to old for it' and she was there when he said it. And after every beating I wake up the next day with a lot of bruises and they don't go away until a few weeks. My dad even threatens to slap me... my mom sometimes would tell me that she sometimes wish that she could just grab me and rip me apart... I don't know why... I mean yeah I have done something in the past... but everyone has its not like I'm the only one... when my dad or mom(mostly dad) yells at me its very hard not to cry... now that I'm afraid of them I flinch or I shut my eyes really tight then they look at me like I'm crazy. I once told my dad that I was afraid of him and surprisingly he was shocked to hear that! I don't know what to think anymore... They say they love me... and they act like it too... but its like when I screw up on something they are different people... and there has been afew times where I didn't do something and they'd think that I was lying... so I was beat pretty bad(I nearly passed out and I was 7 or 8)
    Could they really love me but beat me out of anger?
    Or could they be angry with me and abuse me?
    Everyone has said to call the police... but I'm afraid if I will regret it... im afraid that it won't go well... I don't know what will happen... please help me!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
    You ask if you parents are abusing you, and then you go on to describe horrible abuse at their hands! You mean to say that you don't know this is abuse?

If you don't want to go to the police, which isn't the first approach anyway, and you have marks to prove your allegations, then talk to a school counsellor about your issues and let them take it from there.

I think you should be removed from that household and put in foster care to get you away from this.

How old are your now ?

Jun 15, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You ask if you parents are abusing you, and then you go on to describe horrible abuse at their hands! You mean to say that you dont know this is abuse?

If you dont want to go to the police, which isnt the first approach anyway, and you have marks to prove your allegations, then talk to a school counsellor about your issues and let them take it from there.

I think you should be removed from that household and put in foster care to get you away from this.

How old are your now ?
    I am 14 and I'm homeschooled
    Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 07:52 AM
    Why are you being homeschooled ?

Jun 15, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Why are you being homeschooled ?
    Well my parents have told me its because of the time I wasn't homeschooled I went to a public school and I have been bullied there... so they kept me at home they are thinking about putting me in a private school the next school year... they haven't made their decision yet
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 08:19 AM
    What are some of the things you do that they beat you for?

Jun 15, 2012, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What are some of the things you do that they beat you for?
    I use to lie to them... that stopped a long time ago
    Now it's that I always forget to clean certain parts of the kitchen when I do the dishes and that I argue with my brother, even when I don't do my school work correctly
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 09:22 AM
    So why not clean the kitchen correctly (do you know how, and what to do?), stop arguing with your brother, and do your homework correctly?

Who is your homeschool teacher?

Jun 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
    So why not clean the kitchen correctly (do you know how, and what to do?), stop arguing with your brother, and do your homework correctly?

Who is your homeschool teacher?
    I have more than one homeschool teacher... yes I do know how to... and I want to I just keep forgeting... and the reason why I'm arguing with him is because he acts as if I never knew an answer to anything and mom does... he thinks that I'm always wrong... and its kind of hard to do my homework correctly because my teachers and computer sucks...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 09:29 AM
    How do your teachers suck? Are they online?

How does your computer suck?

Jun 15, 2012, 09:31 AM
    How do your teachers suck? Are they online?

How does your computer suck?
    My computer sucks because it keeps on disconnecting... my teachers suck because they take forever to help me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 09:33 AM
    The teachers are online?

Jun 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
    The teachers are online?
    Yeah
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 09:48 AM
    So you can go along at your own speed?

Jun 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
    So you can go along at your own speed?
    Not easy...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 10:00 AM
    So you can go along at your own speed? Then you said "not easy." What's not easy? (I'm a former teacher, so let loose and tell me. I can probably help you.)
    Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by onceinalifetime View Post
    well my parents have told me its because of the time i wasnt homeschooled i went to a public school and i have been bullied there...so they kept me at home they are thinking about putting me in a private school the next school year...they havent made their decision yet
    Once, that is really unusual, here you say you are abused at home, and your parents pulled you out of school because you were bullied, then you come home and they beat you up. This does not make sense to me, once.

Jun 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
    So you can go along at your own speed? Then you said "not easy." What's not easy? (I'm a former teacher, so let loose and tell me. I can probably help you.)
    My teachers don't tell me much about the things that I need to know... they only tell me a few facts then they give me a problem that I cannot figure out because of the little bit of teaching they give

Jun 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
    once, that is really unusual, here you say you are abused at home, and your parents pulled you out of school because you were bullied, then you come home and they beat you up. This does not make sense to me, once.
    They have beaten me all my life...
    Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Have you said if you are girl or boy ?

Do you get out to interact with other teens your age ?

If they enrol you in a private school, then they can abuse you any longer, because you won't be at home.

I don't know, something doesn't add up here. It takes money for private schools, so your parents must be pretty well off ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ex abusing children [ 3 Answers ]

My ex partner has abuse wy three children for years and she has taken my youngest with her should I call the police My ex partner has abused my kids for years shoul I call the polce on her would they take my other child of her and bring her back home to us I am very fearfull for her safety

How do I know if my mom is abusing me [ 15 Answers ]

Hi.. Uhmm, is it right for my mother to treat me differently than my 3 other siblings? She calls me a , slut, stupid, fat , every name in the book. I am forced to get good grades, be active, volunteer for in and out school activities. She onced told me to 'get out of her house' when I was 7. She...

Teen Abusing Alcohol [ 7 Answers ]

I have caught my 17 year old son drinking beer in my home on more than one occasion. Either when I am out or after I go to bed. He has come home drunk as well as stoned. His grades have fallen and he has no regard for anything he does. He was living with my ex-husband but he kicked him out of the...

My teen is abusing me [ 3 Answers ]

Over the last year, my son has become increasingly defiant and disrespectful towards me. In Sept of 2008 his father and my estranged husband committed suicide. We had 3 children together. My oldest is 15 and I also have a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old. I have them in grief counseling and the younger 2...

View more questions Search