Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    practicalseth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Can I use a dual capacitor for the compressor and a run capacitor for the fan motor
    I bought a new condenser fan motor and I only has a black/white and brown wire. I bought a run capacitor with it but do I need a dual run capacitor where I can hook the compressor and the fan motor up. The old capacitor has a 5mfd rating and the new motor has a 7.5mfd rating. The compresser has a 40uf rating. Would I need a dual run capacitor of 40/7.5 at 370vac??

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring up new dual run capacitor [ 0 Answers ]

My condenser fan motor stopped spinning, I ordered a new motor and dual run cap. However, while I was away the project almost got started (brother-in-law). He never marked which wires go to wich terminals on new capacitor. Is there any way to find out. The fan has 1 going to capacitor then there...

Dual run capacitor wiring for ac [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a replacement fan motor my old motor had three wires brown,purple and black the new motor has four wires brown,brown/white,yellow and black how do I hook it up to a dual compacitor

Outside AC Fan Motor Running Wrong Way HELP! Had to do dual capacitor setup [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, MY AC Unit Stopped working, The GE Dual output CAP went Bad. I wired in 2 separate caps to replace dual CAP. Mouse ate schematic on panel. I have a York H2RA036S06E AC Unit. Just not sure which wires to switch. Basically took 2 caps, made a jumper wire to each and then took 3 wires...

Dual run capacitor replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a dual run capacitor with the following specification but couldn't find any exact match in the market. 35 + 4 uF 370 V. Could I use 35 + 5 uF instead? If not, any other alternatives? Thanks

Dual run capacitor(3 terminals).or is single run capacitor(2 terminals) OK? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have an older Amana HVAC system in my home. Home is 6yrs old. It Appears that my condenser unit was struck by lightning because one of the 3 terminals on the dual run capacitor was blown/melted and all the wires connected to the dual run capacitor were fried (It did storm the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.