Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rebecca68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Canadian benefits law/ common law with children
    Hi!
    My name is Rebecca, and I have a 4 year old son. He and I live with my boyfriend, and have since April 1st 2012. His work place says we cannot be put on his benefits for one year. I was informed, however, that because I have a child that my boyfriend cares and provides for, that the one year rule does not apply, and he should be able to put us on right away, according to some Canadian law. Is this true? If so, can you help me find that particlar piece of law, and tell me how to go about gettingon his benefits?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
    My understanding is that it has to be his child for you and the child to be added before the year.

But couple suggestions, have him appeal this to management in HR.
    Consult a family law attorney locally, most ( but ask) give a consult free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian law about lien in the house from credit card and law and [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just want to understand about ,this . The credit card campany putting a lien in ahouse , and can I stop paying knowing that the lien already exist and just wait till my house sell. Can the credit card campany sell the house without the owners permission ,they do threatened that they...

Family law on common law relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about common-law relationship. I have been in this relationship for 15 years and it looks like we are heading in the "splitsville"!! I would like to know what are my rights? i.e. will I be entitled to a spousal support and what about my son, he lived with us for 15 years? ...

What are the conflicts between customary law and common law ways of land acquisition [ 2 Answers ]

What are the problems that arise because land in the Republic of South Africa can now be freely acquired by the public through both customary Law and common Law?

Common law benefits or rights [ 3 Answers ]

I lived with my boyfriend for 20 years in New Jersey. He recently died. Am I entitled to his social security benefits? We have a child together who is 25 years old. I can prove his residency with me for all those years.

View more questions Search