Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2007, 05:05 PM
    TIVO and Direct TV
    I was given a TIVO as a gift. It is still in the box unused. I already have Direct TV. I am interested in using the TIVO, but am not crazy about the monthly fee. I was told by a few friends that since I already have a subscription to Direct TV that I do NOT have to pay an additional monthly fee, but when I called Direct TV I naturally got another story because they want to charge me. Some nonsense about the unit being registered previously, and they did not seem to want to hear me when I tried over and over to explain that the unit has not previously been registered because it is brand new. Can anyone help me with this. Supposedly all I have to do is connect it between the incoming signal from the satellite and the signal going to the TV. Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

No audio through my direct TV [ 4 Answers ]

Just 2 nites ago, everything was working fine but last night I am no longer getting any audio from my direct TV. When I switch to vcr or dvd I get audio with no problem but back to regular direct TV, then no audio again. Can you help?: :confused: michael wilson

Direct Buy [ 1 Answers ]

I REALLY am glad I found this site... I am currently trying to get as much info on Direct Buy as I can because I had an interview with the company and the guy said he was wanting me to come back for an interview with the owners. I guess my question is (since this is related I did not want to...

Direct Vent [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a direct vent wall mount furnace. When ever the wind blows the pilot light goes out. Is there anyway to correct this matter? There was nothing in the installation guide nor information from the company that I purchased this from that informed me that this could be a problem. ...

TiVO Question! (DVR) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I need help... I have a Dish Network DVR (not a TiVo, but works the same way), and I have bunch of movies on there, how do I transfer them onto a PC?? Please help!! :)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.