Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolfin007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Need money from a philanthropist
    At this point I feel helpless, I'm a single mother with really bad credit and in the middle of trying to relocate to Columbia Missouri from Escondido California. I have three beautiful children ranging from 3 months to 10 years. My eldest has autism and a severe hearing impairement. Because of my credit I have been unable to secure a place to live. I have a job waiting for me in Missouri but getting there and securing a place has been almost impossible. The moving company wants $4000 to move our stuff and I just can't seem to get that together.

My request is actually small, I need to gather the $4000 for the moving, OR, have someone connect me to someone who would be willing to help us move our stuff as charity. I actually hate that word charity, I don't like asking strangers for help but having 2 weeks left before my current lease is up has me nervous and uneasy. I don't want to be on the streets and need some help. I also can use some assistance in finding a place in Columbia Missouri where I can rent without having someone judge me on my credit. I can pay the rent once I'm there, its just the securing the home that's the problem.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
    I hope you aren't soliciting contributions here - it's against the rules. You have bad credit and someone here is going to give you a loan when a bank doesn't trust you?

Do what the rest of us do - get another job, beg from relatives, call charitable organizations such as Lutheran Services or Catholic Charities.

Or ask the father(s) of your child(ren) to pitch in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Next why are you using a moving company, most people rent a small uhaul at the most, not hire a moving company, or use a trailer, I have sold all my large items before and bought used when I got to where I am going.

I am sorry but remember your bad credit is almost always your own fault and you have to deal with it. And yes bad credit hurts renting some places, but as long as you did not cheat any past landlord out of money, that will often help you get a place, or you rent a dump till you can get better.

No one is going to give you money for this.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:29 PM
    I spend the small amount of money I make on my 2 children. I can't believe that anyone would ask someone else to give them money when we're all struggling.

This isn't a "Give me money" site. It's a Q & A site. None of us can afford to help you, we can barely afford to help our own families. :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:34 PM
    The moving company? Seriously? Save yourself $3000 and do it yourself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find philanthropist that helps individuals [ 2 Answers ]

I have created an orgainzation for the purpose of helping parents with low achievers to connect with the schools to better help their child succeed but I don't have the money to advertise to get the information to the right people. I think about $20.00 would help me to bring in noted speakers to...

Individual grant from philanthropist [ 5 Answers ]

Hi is there a Philanthropist who gives individual grants for free?

Finding a philanthropist [ 3 Answers ]

That will help a 22 year quadriplegic, build a house that is both wheelchair accessible and 100% green?

How do I find philanthropist that helps individuals [ 1 Answers ]

I the amount of money in my first post should have been $20,000.00 instead of $20.00.

Philanthropist to ask for monetary help [ 4 Answers ]

Are there any philanthropist that can help low income family for a fresh start after filing bankruptcy? Bk was our last resort due to considerable loss of income. Our house in Fl was foreclosed. We had no choice but to move out of state and live with in-laws. Husband accepted any job available to...

View more questions Search