Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 10:09 AM
    The site blog
    A new essay has been posted, am trying to post two a week. Right now there is a series on pets that members have loved/enjoyed and that may have inspired interest in a particular kind of creature. Please read back for some very loving and heart-tugging essays.

If you have any ideas for a concept or series that can be featured or wish to write a 300-500 (or so) essay on something related to your special interest or activity on this site, please PM me. We are eager to read your thoughts!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 10:18 PM
    The blog has a new entry. Happy Father's Day!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
    Not that I'm computer illerate but I get a "can't open, not supported" message.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
    I wanted to do a lot more to celebrate the day, but got no cooperation. Does this work? Ask Me Help Desk Blog -
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2012, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I wanted to do a lot more to celebrate the day, but got no cooperation. Does this work? Ask Me Help Desk Blog -

I should have thought ahead - I loved writing my other entry and I would have contributed. As it happens I was raised by Grandparents who were in their 50's when I was born, "too old" to raise another child - but they loved and nourished and cared for me, opened their home, opened their hearts. I'm sure they thought their child-raising days were over... but they weren't.

When you say "Dad" to this day I remember my Grandfather. My father did come back to the family when I was 6 but my early memories are of my Grandfather.

Were it not for my Grandparents I often wonder where I'd be today.

Maybe I'll write anyway - you can save it for next year.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
    You always wax eloquent, Judy. I'm saving your long essay for a future release, probably soon. The women here are much quicker to step up and write. Maybe I need to expand my efforts, have started asking newbies to participate. I also need "topic" ideas to write on.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 11:15 PM
    Please note the new blog post, an essay by Aurora_Bell.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to add an image or remove my byline. I'm hoping the person in charge of that returns soon.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2012, 12:51 PM
    I am always amazed by the sharing on AMHD. Some of the regulars post such personal, helpful info. J9, for one, is always an inspiration.

I read the new blog, read it again and a third time - saw a whole new side of AuroraBell and was honestly touched.

WG, I'm guess you're editing - I look forward every day to reading the blog.

I didn't like the idea at first but now I'm really hooked.

Again - the sharing, the frankness, amazing!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 01:00 PM
    I do very little editing, which surprises me -- but then I haven't asked any texting new members to contribute anything yet. We seems to be a very literate group here. I'm trying to get some of the newer members (who can write English) to do an essay on something. I'm worried the pets thing is getting to be a bit long in the tooth.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Probably so - I think "we" pet people have radar to find each other and then that's what we talk about.

Want to hear my experiences on the road, investigating cases? The woman who stood at the top of the stairs, pulled down her pants and mooned me. I took her photo and it was admitted to Court during the trial?

"I was NEVER served by this woman."

"And is this a photo of your butt?"

"Might be. Why?"

"The person who never served you took it."

"Oh."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 01:21 PM
    Hmmm, maybe a series of funny, true stories? We could become the Reader's Digest humor column for the Internet crowd.

I was thinking about a series on personal gripes when shopping. I have two contributions already.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 01:58 PM
    I do very little editing, which surprises me -- but then I haven't asked any texting new members to contribute anything yet. We seems to be a very literate group here. I'm trying to get some of the newer members (who can write English) to do an essay on something. I'm worried the pets thing is getting to be a bit long in the tooth.
    Have you given thought to anonymous postings to the blog? You could feature jobs in a welcome to my world fashion.

People could post what it is like for their given profession. That way we could draw people looking for jobs or looking to change jobs with a slice of life as to what it is really like. Maybe a person is a seasoned citizen and has had several careers. Writing about the ins and outs might help others in their path of pursuit.

Also how are you loading the blog in? Your name appears here-

href="https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/blog/2012/06/how-i-maximized-my-life-by-aurora_bell/" title="How I MAXimized my life by Aurora_Bell" rel="bookmark">How I MAXimized my life by Aurora_Bell</a></h2>
    <div class="metabar"><em><span class="sword">By</span> <span class="author vcard"><span class="fn"><a href="https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/blog/author/wondergirl/" title="Posts by Wondergirl" rel="author">Wondergirl</a></span></span> <span class="sword">On</span> <span class="date time published" title="2012-06-18T22:42:37-0700">June 18, 2012</span> </em></div>

As you can see that is where it comes from.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
    I like the anonymous idea!
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I like the anonymous idea!
    At least that way you can be identified by AMHD but it doesn't have to be broadcast to the world. Its just a thought and maybe more people would participate in subject matter if their name isn't on it but still provides for an interesting read.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Wow - I never thought about being identified and this is not a good time for me to be identified.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Wow - I never thought about being identified and this is not a good time for me to be identified.
    Peek-a-boo ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 04:00 PM
    Ram was loading in any that had been written by someone else (he and I load our own), but he's missing in action right now, so I had to post Aurora_Bell's myself and say it's by her in the title since I do not know how to give her the byline. That's still a lesson I haven't been given.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Atleast that way you can be identified by AMHD but it doesnt have to be broadcast to the world. Its just a thought and maybe more people would participate in subject matter if their name isnt on it but still provides for an interesting read.
    That's how the AMHD presence works on FB. Several get the question in email, but when we answer it, our real name isn't on it as our FB persona, just that we are "AMHD." The site owners wanted our real names to show and even use real names here, but the screams of protest were huge.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 05:43 PM
    That's how the AMHD presence works on FB. Several get the question in email, but when we answer it, our real name isn't on it as our FB persona, just that we are "AMHD." The site owners wanted our real names to show and even use real names here, but the screams of protest were huge.
    I think you got it a bit wrong. It wasn't the site owners that wanted real names. It was Google. And it was to satisfy them that they asked us to post that way. And of course everyone said no. This place would have become a ghost town very quickly. Identity theft is a real threat and more and more are being caught up in it. Its like leaving the front door open on your home after you told everyone you weren't going to be there including the sign in your yard. Its not something I would recommend to anyone. Ive been advising people on this site of TMI for many years.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Ive been advising people on this site of TMI for many years.
    And I do appreciate it, even though I can't be taught. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search