Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calixoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 08:50 AM
    12 year old working on babysitting/petsitting flyers
    Hi, I am 12 years old and working on flyers to hang around town and in my neighborhood. I can't think of what else to add, but everything I've said so far is true. Also, do you have any tips on taking care you children?
    Here is what I've said so far:

Hi, my name is Cali (I said my last name but I don't want stalkers on here!). I am 12 years old and I am very good with young children and animals. I would love to babysit or take care of your pets while you are away. I have lots of experience with animals, (I own 4 dogs, a cat, an iguana, and many more!), and some experience with children. If you don’t feel comfortable leaving me with your animals or children, my older brother or parents can accompany me. Also, my brother could mow your lawn if you wish. I don’t charge much, and if you are struggling economically I would be happy to charge less or nothing. I am just looking for a summer activity that I can enjoy. I am very mature for my age, (you can ask around, and I’m sure other people would say the same thing), and I would NEVER put your children or animals in any harm whatsoever. I can work flexible hours, if you would like. I’m in honors classes and very smart. I know what to do if a child is choking, and I know what to do in an emergency. I also know how to dress wounds very well. I can cook, and I am good at keeping your kids entertained.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
    If I were your mother, I would forbid you from handing out flyers all over town. I grew up in a town of 500 people and thought I knew everyone, but there were child molesters and other kinds of abusers living there (I found out later). Please contact only families you know well and who know your abilities. You could end up in a very bad situation if you aren't careful.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2012, 09:14 AM
    If the cat claws my toddler and draws blood while you are babysitting, what would you do?
    calib1720 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 06:03 PM
    If the cat claws your child, I would calm the toddler down. Then I would wash the cut off with water, and soak it in hydrogen peroxide. I would then put neosporin on the wound and put a bandaid on it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 06:06 PM
    If the child continues to cry and thrash around, especially with the application of hydrogen peroxide, and you can't manage anything else, then what?
    calib1720 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 06:06 PM
    My mother would come with me, and I wouldn't knock on people's doors either, I would stick the flyers in people's mailboxes. I would also go only in my neighborhood, no where else.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
    You had said "to hang around town." What does that mean?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by calib1720 View Post
    I would stick the flyers in people's mailboxes.
    By the way, that's illegal.
    maghenA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Well I'm trying to get a house sitting or babysitting ,and pet sitting job. How could I get the word out there
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maghenA View Post
    well im trying to get a house sitting or babysitting ,and pet sitting job. How could i get the word out there
    How old are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Babysitting as a job for an 11-year-old [ 1 Answers ]

Do anybody know how an eleven year old can work for babysitting?

Any Petsitting Or Babysitting Jobs Available For My Grand-Daughter? [ 3 Answers ]

My grand-daughter loves children and pets and she really wants a summer job. She enjoys playing and talking to children. She loves to teach them new things. She loves feeding and walking trained pets. She loves to scratch our dogs belly every time she lays on her lap. Any summer jobs? Thank you!

Babysitting jobs that a 11 year old can do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter got her babysitting license last year and is looking for a babysitting job she is 11 years old and is very responsible for her age and love children. But we would need to try to get a job around Blohm Drive if that is possible. Please help! Thank you

Is it safe to post babysitting flyers on internet [ 9 Answers ]

I want your guys oppinions, is it safe to post my babysitting flyers on the internet. I will be careful if I do it, I won't post my address only email and telephone. I won't post any pictures of myself, my mom will have to talk to the clients, etc. Do you guys think this is safe? Or should I...

View more questions Search