Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alikhoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Retaining wall in basment leaking at the inside bottom corner of my new house
    I have a new house (2 years hold) split level built on a small hill (on the declining slope). A retaining wall was built in the basement. For the past 8/9 months I have noticed clean water seeping into the basement whenever there is a heavy down pour. We (my husband and I) are scared that our house is in danger. The front of the house has two large rooms (living and dining) under which we filled with sand and sealed then built the retaining wall. The wall was built with concrete blocks and reinforced with steel and cement in the blocks. I want some information so I would know how to proceed and sound like I know what I want when and if I have to get a contractor to fix!

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking inside bottom of furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Water leaking from bottom of furnace when air conditioner is running. Humidifier was on winter setting. Can a humidifier being on with the air running cause excess water in the system and leak on the floor?

Kenmore refrigerator model 678720 water leaking inside bottom of fridge [ 1 Answers ]

Water is pooling under the bottom of the vegetable drawers and needs to be wiped up every few hours. It is a frost-free top freezer fridge from 2001.

Basement leaking at floor/wall joint on inside [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a house (built in 1968, in hot Alabama) with a full basement that has a moisture problem. When a heavy rain occurs, water will seep through the wall/floor joint and run into the basement. Not a flood but enough to justify a repair. I'm thinking I need to install a french drain but...

Leaking corner shower at bottom of door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Our corner shower has a round sliding door and the water comes through between the metal seating of the door and the bottom plastic tray on the outside. It leaks through at the connection to the wall and I am concerned that this will destroy the wall. It is not tile but drywall. I'm...

Corner Shower is leaking through wall. [ 7 Answers ]

Last night I discovered that my carpet was wet and starting to mold in the corner of my downstairs living room. In the same corner on the opposite side of the wall is my corner shower. I live in an older split foyer home. I'm thinking the leak is coming from the shower somehow, but I've...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.