Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badley Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Again, that doesn't matter. It's DNA that matters, not the color of her skin, the color of her eyes, or the shape of her face. DNA is the only thing that can absolutely determine paternity.

I can send you pictures too. If you look at my friends kids you'd bet money they're not his, but they are.
    Yes I understand that, but she refuse to have a dna test because the baby looks 100% white. I change my profile picture... to a picture of the baby, I wish I could post a better picture on here but I don't know how. I know you said you can't go by skin color, but these baby pictures are pretty convincing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by badley View Post
    yes i understand that, but she refuse to have a dna test because the baby looks 100% white. i change my profile picture...to a picture of the baby, i wish i could post a better picture on here but i dont know how. i know you said you can't go by skin color, but these baby pictures are pretty convincing.
    To you they're convincing, only because you don't listen.

There's a movie that's based on a true story. I don't remember the name of it, but this is what happened. A white couple tried for years to get pregnant. The wife finally conceived and gave birth. The baby wasn't white. In fact, the baby was 100% African American looking.

Well, the husband divorced the wife, convinced that she had cheated. She insisted that she hadn't. They battled in court for many years, he insisting that she cheated, she insisting that she didn't.

Finally, after years, a DNA test was done.

Guess what? The baby was his. Two white parents gave birth to a very black baby. How is that possible? DNA is a tricky, it has to do with everyone in your family tree.

But you don't want to believe that this baby is yours. I do have to ask, why do you continue to ask about this if you're 100% convinced this baby isn't yours?

Nov 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
    Actually I believed the baby was mine, I just have my doubts because she told me that the ultrasound dated conception on the 29th of Nov. I wasn't with her until the 11th of Dec. some people say you can't get pregnant 2 days on your period... its rare but possible she said the doctor told her. However, with the baby being born September 14... makes me second guess the conception date accuracy. She refuses to have a dna test done because (she said she know who the father is... its not me because the baby is white she replied. ) before I try to get a court order dna test done... I just don't want to look stupid, and cause more drama for embarking a court order dna test... seeing the features of the baby. To be honest, I pray the baby is mine... that way I don't look so stupid after going through the court for a dna test. Please try to understand my dilemma... thanks for your time.
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 02:12 PM
    I do understand your dilemma, but you come here, ask if the baby is yours, we tell you over and over again to get a DNA test, and you make excuse after excuse not to get one.

So the bottom line is this. You either get a DNA test and confirm once and for all whether the baby is yours or not, or you forget about it and move on. Those are your only options. Either way, you've gotten all the advice we can give on this. We're on page 7 of this thread and we're still discussing this, when there really is nothing to discuss. Only a DNA test can determine the paternity of this baby.

Nov 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
    OK maybe you didn't read what I wrote clearly... ( SHE REFUSE TO HAVE A DNA TEST DONE) I made no excuse. I just want to make sure there's a chance I could be the father before causing all the drama of me having a court order dna test because SHE REFUSE TO HAVE ONE DONE.
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 02:51 PM
    ok maybe you didnt read what i wrote clearly....( SHE REFUSE TO HAVE A DNA TEST DONE) i made no excuse. i just want to make sure theres a chance i could be the father before causing all the drama of me having a court order dna test because SHE REFUSE TO HAVE ONE DONE.
    Yes, and you've been told before that you then take her to court. If you choose not to go to court then you're still making a decision about this. It doesn't change the fact that you still have two options, DNA test or forget about this child.

We've all told you that there's a chance that you could be the father. The fact is, no one can tell you what percentage that chance is. We can only tell you that a DNA test is the only way to know for sure.

It's not us that's not understanding you. It's you that's not understanding, or unwilling to listen, to us. We get it. We get that you don't want to go to court. We get that you want to believe that the baby isn't yours because of the color of her skin. Enough excuses. Either go to court and demand a DNA test, or forget about it. Pick one and be done with it.

There's nothing more we can offer on this thread, your question has been answered and then some. You just don't want to take the advice you've been given. That advice won't change if you keep posting to page 8,9 or 10 of this thread. The advice is and has been the same since this thread started.

This is now in your hands. We've given you the facts, and there's really nothing more we can do. So why do you continue to post trying to convince us that the baby isn't yours because she's white, or may have been born early, or late, or any of the other things you've posted? It won't change the only answer that we can give, and that's DNA test.

Nov 22, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Yeah I agree... basically you answered what I was trying to ask, is it a high or low chance for me to be this baby father. I know you just said that can't be answered. So I guess I have to open this can of worms that's going to follow with me embarking a court order dna test. I just wanted to avoid all that. Thanks for the help
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 03:45 PM
    yeah i agree....basically you answered what i was trying to ask, is it a high or low chance for me to be this baby father. i know you just said that can't be answered. so i guess i have to open this can of worms thats going to follow with me embarking a court order dna test. i just wanted to avoid all that. thanks for the help
    I do understand wanting to avoid going to court, I really do. The thing is, if you don't get the DNA test can you move on, always questioning if this baby is yours?

You have a picture of her. You seem to care about this child. Isn't it better to go to court and find out if you're the father, then spend your life wondering? That's really what you have to decide. Is going to court worth it? Is not going to court worth it? Either choice is going to be difficult. Frankly, from what you've written, I don't think you can live your life not knowing if she's your child.

Can you? Only you can determine that. Not us.

If you decide to go to court there are legal experts on this site that will help you every step of the way. But first you have to make the choice, you have to decide what you can live with.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
    This is ridiculous now. Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Daddy was always there! Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has been with his girfriend every step of the way every doctors appt. the hospital through birth he took vacation days and never left her side in the hospital. He has been in her life everyday, he has kept his baby while babies mom was in schoo. His girl friend has been estranged from her...

Not sure who daddy is. [ 12 Answers ]

When my daughter was born I didn't list a father on the birth certificate. At the time I was not sure who her father was and I'm still not. She is two months old and my boyfriend and I have decided to get married. Is there a way he can be added to the birth certificate even if we are not sure he is...

I may be 1 of 3 whose her Daddy? [ 3 Answers ]

17 yrs ago an ex-sleep over gal of mine, showed up at my house with welfare documents for me to sign, that admitted I was her newborn daughter's father and that I WOULD pay child support. Stupidly (and very drunk) I signed the paper. I hadn't even known this woman was pregnant until about a week...

He wants to be her daddy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband would like to adopt my daughter. Her biological father is unknown and on her birth certificate there is no one is the spot of FATHER. How do we go about getting her name changed and him as her father on her birth certificate?

View more questions Search