Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by badley View Post
    hey im no expert...im in the same boat waiting for a dna test.
    Hey, I AM an expert.
    badley Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Update, she just had the baby at 5:15am sept.14,2012... 8pounds 8oz, 21inches. (News flash... she had a GIRL!! From 20 weeks up to 41weeks, she was told she was having a BOY) WOW!! I don't know anymore info being that she lives two states from me... put its pretty likely that I'm not the father... eventhough I was hoping to be. Don't know if she will get a DNA test... or when that would be.

Sep 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Hey, I AM an expert.
    One last question, her deliever date is 9/14/2012... if she conceived on her period 11/29/2011... how many weeks was she? I counted 42weeks 4days?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
    One last question, her deliever date is 9/14/2012...if she conceived on her period 11/29/2011...how many weeks was she? I counted 42weeks 4days?
    You're still trying to guess when she conceived.

She conceived when she ovulated. Unless you know when she ovulated, there's no way to give an accurate gestation period.

Stop guessing and book the DNA test! Geesh! No one can tell you if you're the father without DNA. NO ONE! You can keep asking, but you will never get the answer without a DNA test.

Do you get it? Do you understand? DNA test. That's the only way! The ONLY WAY!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Does not work like that, you can not count weeks, conception is give or take a week or two, babies don't work on an exact time table. Any of you could be the father
    Pets Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Does not work like that, you can not count weeks, conception is give or take a week or two, babies don't work on an exact time table. Any of you could be the father
    Also, babies can be born early, or way past their due date. Unless you've only been with one partner for many months before you conceived, there's no way to know who the father is without a DNA test.

Sep 16, 2012, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Also, babies can be born early, or way past their due date. Unless you've only been with one partner for many months before you conceived, there's no way to know who the father is without a DNA test.
    Thanks for the responses... I can't make her take a dna test, but from the pictures I've seen... the baby is the other guy. I'm a light skin black guy, baby's mom white with natural dark brown curly hair... if the baby girl was mine, the baby would have somewhat curly hair. She does not, but she has short/thin straight black/brown hair, blue eyes... white skin. So it's a given... she belongs to the other guy. Thanks for all your help with my situation... im glad this ride is finally over.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 08:35 AM
    thanks for the responses...i can't make her take a dna test, but from the pictures ive seen...the baby is the other guy. i'm a light skin black guy, baby's mom white with natural dark brown curly hair...if the baby girl was mine, the baby would have somewhat curly hair. she does not, but she has short/thin straight black/brown hair, blue eyes...white skin. so its a given...she belongs to the other guy. thanks for all your help with my situation...im glad this ride is finally over.
    Don't count on a picture, go for the DNA test.
    My grandson is bi-racial, his dad is very dark skinned, his mother is pretty darn white.
    Until he was at least a month old you would have never known he was bi-racial, especially from a photo.
    Hair texture and color changes also.

Edit: I also have to add that while you think the ride may be over, years down the road whenever she decides she wants it, she may file for a paternity test herself.
    At least by doing it now whether you are or are not the father you can handle your business where the child is concerned or you can allow your life and the possibly of the life of a girlfriend or wife and other children to be turned upside down.
    Pets Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
    I have friends, one black as the night, the other white as the moon, both kids have blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin, and he is the father.

You can't go by looks when determining who the father is. Only DNA can tell. I don't know how many times I have to say it before you get it.
    Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
    thanks for the responses...i can't make her take a dna test, but from the pictures ive seen...the baby is the other guy. i'm a light skin black guy, baby's mom white with natural dark brown curly hair...if the baby girl was mine, the baby would have somewhat curly hair. she does not, but she has short/thin straight black/brown hair, blue eyes...white skin. so its a given...she belongs to the other guy. thanks for all your help with my situation...im glad this ride is finally over.
    Most mixed babies have straight thin black/brown hair and all newborn babies have blue eyes.

Nov 5, 2012, 02:42 PM
    She refuse to have a DNA test done... what are my option?
    Expert

Nov 5, 2012, 04:15 PM
    You wait until she files for child support. Then she won't have a choice but to submit to a DNA test.

Nov 5, 2012, 07:20 PM
    She said she wants to raise the baby on her on, but I want to be apart of the baby life if she's mine. Can't I get a court ordered dna test?

Nov 5, 2012, 07:20 PM
    *own
    Expert

Nov 5, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Yes, that would be a question you need to ask under the family law section.

Family Law - Ask Me Help Desk

Nov 6, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Thanks, but I'll let this one go... she said I was freakin crazy for wanting a dna test, being that the baby is as white as her. I feel stupid for wanting to know now... being that the baby is 7 weeks old, if she was mix... certainly it would have shown up in her complexion by now. Thanks for all the help through this post.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Not necessarily.
    Pets Expert

Nov 6, 2012, 06:05 PM
    thanks, but i'll let this one go...she said i was freakin crazy for wanting a dna test, being that the baby is as white as her. i feel stupid for wanting to know now...being that the baby is 7 weeks old, if she was mix...certainly it would have shown up in her complexion by now. thanks for all the help through this post.
    I guess you didn't read my previous post. I have friends one white, the other black as night. They have two children. They're both so white they're almost albino, one has brown straight hair and blue eyes, the other is blonde and blue eyes (the mother is brunette and as I said the father is black) and yes, the children are his, proven with a DNA test.

Nov 9, 2012, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I guess you didn't read my previous post. I have friends one white, the other black as night. They have two children. They're both so white they're almost albino, one has brown straight hair and blue eyes, the other is blonde and blue eyes (the mother is brunette and as I said the father is black) and yes, the children are his, proven with a DNA test.
    If their was a way to send a picture, you'll see what I mean. The babygirl has black hair and brown eyes. She's don't look super white... shes just look like a white baby. Plus some people say the baby favors the other guy.
    Pets Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 03:46 PM
    if their was a way to send a picture, youll see what i mean. the babygirl has black hair and brown eyes. shes dont look super white...shes just look like a white baby. plus some people say the baby favors the other guy.
    Again, that doesn't matter. It's DNA that matters, not the color of her skin, the color of her eyes, or the shape of her face. DNA is the only thing that can absolutely determine paternity.

I can send you pictures too. If you look at my friends kids you'd bet money they're not his, but they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Daddy was always there! Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has been with his girfriend every step of the way every doctors appt. the hospital through birth he took vacation days and never left her side in the hospital. He has been in her life everyday, he has kept his baby while babies mom was in schoo. His girl friend has been estranged from her...

Not sure who daddy is. [ 12 Answers ]

When my daughter was born I didn't list a father on the birth certificate. At the time I was not sure who her father was and I'm still not. She is two months old and my boyfriend and I have decided to get married. Is there a way he can be added to the birth certificate even if we are not sure he is...

I may be 1 of 3 whose her Daddy? [ 3 Answers ]

17 yrs ago an ex-sleep over gal of mine, showed up at my house with welfare documents for me to sign, that admitted I was her newborn daughter's father and that I WOULD pay child support. Stupidly (and very drunk) I signed the paper. I hadn't even known this woman was pregnant until about a week...

He wants to be her daddy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband would like to adopt my daughter. Her biological father is unknown and on her birth certificate there is no one is the spot of FATHER. How do we go about getting her name changed and him as her father on her birth certificate?

View more questions Search