Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nitrodave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Coleman Evcon
    I have a Coleman Evcon EB23B in my Manufactured Home. I started up this cooling season just fine ran twice and now nothing either inside or on the outside unit. I asked my normal service repairman about it and he said try the Thermostat. So I got a new one and installed and this changed nothing. Any Ideas?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Did you check to see if you have 24-28 volts from the control transformer? That makes no sense at all to just change a part without checking things out with a meter first. Check your control transformer first, then if you have voltage at the transformer you need to check any inline fuses and there also is a door switch on the access cover on the return that turns off control power when the door is open or not closed tightly to prevent carbon monoxide from being sucked into the return air. Frequently this switch gets out of adjustment or goes bad. Most are micro-switches with a 2" strip of metal that contacts the cover and that strip can get bent in and then will not work until bent out so door will close switch. You spent money for nothing where for the same money you could have purchased a meter and then knew what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman evcon? [ 0 Answers ]

When I swtich my stat to them heat it won't switch over no red light

Coleman evcon [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell digital thermostat for my parents, which I have done myseld with no problems before. Foolishly, I didn't notice that the coleman evcon system has a couple more wires that the honeywell didn't have a place for, so I undid the wiring, and hooked the old therm back up. Note: I...

Coleman Evcon [ 2 Answers ]

My mother has a Coleman Evcon dgat090800 the problem is that the burner will light up on it and burn until the blower kicks on then the burner will quit I can test parts on it but am not positive what the readings should be can someone help.

Coleman evcon [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace won't ignite the starter blower runs but nothing else happens

Coleman evcon [ 2 Answers ]

Fan won't come on in heat position

View more questions Search