Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dan grant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 09:29 AM
    Old Phone Wiring
    How can I wire two push button phones to each other so I can talk at one phone and hear the voice at the second phone as well as talk back to the first phone from the second phone? I heard that I could use a 9 volt battery as the power source. The phones are to be used in a first aid event and there will be no electricity available other then a battery.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
    Here's a site that shows it can be done using a 12-volt battery and a 680-ohm resistor. It also claims that a 9-volt battery would work as well, but I suggest you should test it to make sure the battery will last long enough for your event.

Using old phones as an intercom in your VW bus (or anywhere else) - Hack a Day
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Here are 2 Very Good Ones,
    More money, nut more features, I have good luck with Viking:
    Viking Electronics Telecom & Security Products

These are good for 2.6 miles? Kind of Handy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help on phone wiring? [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new phone jack. The old phone jack has 5 wires red, yellow, black, green and blue. The new phone jack has 4 wires red, yellow, black, and green but no blue. Where should I connect the blue wire? Or should I not connect the blue wire?

Underground phone wiring [ 4 Answers ]

What direct burial wire should I use to run a new phone/DSL line from my house to the phone companies pedestal about 400 feet from the house?

Wiring Phone [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in the 60's so I still have wires coming from the wall. I have 2 cables (?) that have 1 white wire and 1 red wire. Can someone tell me how to connect these wires to the jack?

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

Phone Wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm new to this board and hopefully will find it helpful. I'm having a problem with the phones in my house. We have perfectly working phone jacks upstairs, but downstairs I'm having a problem. We had no problems at all until about a month ago. My phone is totally dead. However,...

View more questions Search