Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmen0222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 AM
    If I work for take out how much should I be getting paid
    I work for take out at a restaurant and I only get paid 5.75 an hour but my tips are not gaurentied , is that right? Am I getting underpaid?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 AM
    Depends on your location.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 13, 2012, 12:54 AM
    What state?
    There are several exemptions to the federal minimum of 7.25/hr, plus each state has their own laws that do not override federal.
    If you are paid less than 7.25 because you have a job with tips, then your pay with tips must meet the minimum. But your employer might have another kind of exemption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can H4 (who is physically out of US) work remotely and get paid from US? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband who is my dependent is on H4 visa. He has been studying full-time in a US university for a year. He is currently in China for his summer break. His professor found him a small project for him to do remotely from China for a couple of weeks in July. And his professor is willing to pay....

Lien or judgement for work not paid for. [ 1 Answers ]

I was contracted by a landscape co. to do some irrigation work. I was told by the owner of landscape co. when the work was done I would be paid. The work was done, After sumitting a bill, waiting for 2 weeks, making several calls, trips to the office, experiencing heating conversations with this...

Paid money to have some work some around the house [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am not sure if you can help but this is what has happened or is happening. I just moved into a house and needed to have a 14 acre field tilled and seeded for hay/pasture for my horses. I was considering having a little boarding business, just to keep that in mind. My friend of 20...

View more questions Search