Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ozanganeh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 10:53 PM
    fingerprint identification evaluation
    My question is regarding fingerprint evaluation. In the paper that I'm reading, the data set consists of 1,640 fingerprints (from 41 subjects * 10 fingers and each finger contributed 4 impressions; 41 * 10 * 4 = 1,640).

below is a quote from the paper:

“In the first experiment, we compare the matching performance of the proposed hierarchical matcher to that of the individual Level 2 and Level 3 matchers and their score-level fusion [31] across the entire database. For each matcher, the number of genuine and impostor matches are 2,460 (410 * 6) and 83,845 ( (410 * 409) / 2 ), respectively. Note that we exclude symmetric matches of the same pair as well as matches between the same image.”

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

so based on the ROC curve (in above link) my question is:

1- what are the genuine and impostor matches? Where are the numbers 2,460 and 83,845 are taken from?

2- how they calculated the False Reject and False Accept rates in the plot?

I really appreciate your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Fingerprint [ 1 Answers ]

In 2003 I had an ACOD. I am going for work that requires a background check and told them I have no criminal background. Just tonight I remembered the ACOD. Are my fingerprints a permanent part of the FBI database (I'm not certain they were made a part of the database) and, if so, how can I get...

FBI fingerprint check. [ 1 Answers ]

Will a 1981 felony charge show on my FBI fingerprint check. Charge was for violence against my ex-boyfriend who beat me up. Police arrested him on the spot. Several days later they came to arrest me. They apologized but said they had to do it because boyfriend brought counter charges against me....

FBI fingerprint identification [ 8 Answers ]

I know someone who has a class A felony conviction dating back to 30 years ago. When he was finger printed for a job at a bank, his report came back clean. He has been working there for two years now. How is that possible? Are files ever dropped from the database because of their age?

Fingerprint logon [ 2 Answers ]

Hey'all I'm curious : the IBM laptops T60- is there a way to gain access to it when fingerprint is activated ? It has only that account on ! Anyway even its strippping the machine. Thanks !

Fingerprint recognition [ 1 Answers ]

We have a toshiba laptop with fingerprint recognition that a now past employee was using how do we reset that so we can use it

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.