Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franklysteven Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Question about police call
    I'm 25 (live at home), a few weeks ago I got into a fight w/ my dad (verbal) he called the cops. I ran out of the house and was afraid to come back because the police we're there. After me and dad calmed down, I came back home (not arrested)... my dad said that the cops changed whatever the complaint was to a 'missing person' so it wouldn't go on any records.
    *I wasn't arrested, cop just asked if I was okay and left my house.

*my question: Is there any record of what happened? Such as a call to 911, as a complaint with my name? Can the police really change it to a 'missing person'?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Yes, maybe and yes.

There is a record of the 911 call. How its recorded will be up to how the police file it. And yes they can change it.

Jun 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Thanks. Is there any way to find out what's associated with it? Like I tried a few background check websites.

With the info I provided, would my name/situation come up in a background check?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
    It will never be on a criminal background searches, even if charged, it will show up if convicted.

so on the internet you can never find it. Is it searchable, if you were to run for president of the US, in the future, and a PI would go to that police station and though the freedom of information, look for a police incident card , if they listed your name, there is a small record of it but it is not something to be found on a employment search

Jun 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
    OK I ask because recently my girlfriend asked if my name was spelled differently at one point. A few days ago she broke up with me, and I guess I'm paranoid she found out what happened.

So I'm thinking she looked me up/background check service and found the 911 call
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by franklysteven View Post
    ... I guess I'm paranoid she found out what happened. ...
    That's my guess. I really doubt that the reason she broke up with you is because she discovered you once had an argument with your father and the police were called.

Jun 12, 2012, 04:36 PM
    ok i ask because recently my gf asked if my name was spelled differently at one point. A few days ago she broke up with me, and I guess I'm paranoid she found out what happened.

So I'm thinking she looked me up/background check service and found the 911 call
    I doubt that was the reason as well. I also doubt that if this happened a few weeks ago that it would have shown up so soon.

Jun 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Okay I apologize for lying, but this happened 2 years ago. I was afraid to give away too many details.

Jun 12, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Okay I apologize for lying, but this happened 2 years ago. I was afraid to give away too many details.
    And what good did you think lying about that would do? It just wasted your time and ours in giving you wrong advice. Yes, if this happened 2 years ago, it might be searchable on the Net.

Jun 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
    But the poster (FR CHUCK) said its not searchable on the net.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we call the police on this guy? [ 2 Answers ]

I flooded my engine for my VW golf and while we were getting that fixed through insurance we decided to rebuild the transmission because it had a small clicking sound. My dad's friend from work used to work for an Audi VW dealership fixing trans so we thought he could fix and rebuild it pretty...

Will the police still call my parents? [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, so I did one stupid act, which is probably the bigger mistake of my life so far. I shoplifted a friend at a supermarket and we got caught. I am 16 and my friend is 15. What happened was the officer let us off with a warning, and we are banned from the place we took from for 6 months. The thing...

Do I call police if I think I hit a car [ 2 Answers ]

I turned right out of a parking lot into a busy street. I miss calculated and the car in the next lane swerved. At first they kept going in their lane, then they started following me. I just thought they were being nasty so I kept going. Should I call the police to see if they filed a report or...

Was I wrong to call the police on my son? [ 7 Answers ]

I am the divorced mother of a 19 year-old son. When he becomes enraged, he shouts vulgar profanity at the top of his lungs. I have repeatedly told him that shouting and the use of loud profanity is unacceptable in my house. During one argument several months ago, I told him if he did this again,...

Threatens to call police [ 8 Answers ]

I am a good mother, and I have proofs that I am. But my husband threatens me that he will call police. Because he wants divorce and want the custody of the baby , so. How should I tackel this if he calls the police. Also after divorce who gets the baby? My baby is 5 months old.

View more questions Search