Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanbrockert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Changing Title of Home
    My husband was previously marriage and his wife died - the mortgage company has kept the deceased person's name (for 12 years now) on the title. Can the title be changed to reflect my husband's name and my name and remove the deceased person's name? There is no problem with the mortgage, her will, etc. as the will was probated 12 years ago.
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
    A new title needs to be drawn up and filed with your county Recorder or Registrar's office. You should have an attorney or title company do this, even though they will charge a nominal fee, just to make sure that everything is legal and correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring home ownership title [ 1 Answers ]

My mother previously purchased a home from a relative. What are the procedures to follow to transfer title ownership?

Want to Change Home title [ 1 Answers ]

My business partner and I own a home together (that is collateral to the business loan), but it is titled in only my name since she was in the military when we acquired it. Now that she is retired we want to change the title to tenants in common with right of survivor ship... what steps do I take...

Title transfer during sale of manufacture home question? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my wife sold our home in oct of last year 04 and we just received a tax bill for the property taxes.We have not even lived in the home for a year. I am trying to get a hold of the people that sold our home for us but they have not called us back yet. Does anyone know if the people that...

View more questions Search