Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karanaya528 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
    16 dating a 21 year old in GA
    I am 16. Because I am at the age of consent, does that mean that it's legal for me to date someone over the age of 21?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2012, 08:31 PM
    There are no laws against dating, however there are laws against having sex with a minor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2012, 08:39 PM
    You may date him as long as your parents give permission, Since you are a minor, they still can control what the child does.

16 is a age of consent so you can have sex with him without him being charged with rape, but a parent, esp in GA, has other laws to use to stop a 21 year old from dating a minor if they want to. Interference with Custody is he most common used in GA.

But as long as your parents give permission to date, it is legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a law against 16 year old dating 18 year old if parents object ? [ 18 Answers ]

I know a 16 year old who is dating a 19 year old and her parents object. They have sex on a regular basis. Is there any law against her parents forcing her to test and see if she is having sex with the 19 year old even if she does not want to test?

Texas what can happen to a 20 year old for dating a 16 year old if there is no sex ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm the brother of a girl dating a 20 year old but she is 16 and he is my friend but my father doesn't approve what will happen if he finds out ? This is Texas ? Also they are not having sex so someone answer because I'm tired of being stuck in the middle

View more questions Search