Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123 Marco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
    If $975 is invested in an account that earns annual interest of 8.5%, compounded semi
    If $975 is invested in an account that earns annual interest of 8.5%, compounded semiannually, what will the account balance be after 7 years? (Round your answer to the nearest cent.)
    123 Marco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 06:24 PM
    If $975 is invested in an account that earns annual interest of 8.5%, compounded semiannually, what will the account balance be after 7 years? (Round your answer to the nearest cent.)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Given an annual interest rate of 8.5%, that's equivalent to 4.25% being paid every 6 months (half the interest in half a year). Over 7 years there are 14 half-year periods. So use the formula for compount interest:

FV = PV(1+i)^n

where PV = present value = $975, I = 0.0425, and n = 14.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A bank offers an annual simple interest rate of 3%. How long will it take an account [ 1 Answers ]

A bank offers an annual simple interest rate of 3%. How long will it take an account with a principal of $1,200 to earn $198 interest?

How to compute bonds with semi-annual payment of interest? [ 1 Answers ]

par value = 1000 coupon rate = 10% maturity = 25 years interest rate - 10% *required 1.how much is the expected annual interest? 2. how much is the interest every 6 months? 3. how much is the expected par value at the end of 25years?

Compounded interest and annual interest [ 10 Answers ]

1. You invest $100 in a savings account paying an 8% interest rate compounded annually. How much will you have in the account after 1 year? How much will you have in the account after three years? 2. Assume you will receive $126 dollars in three years. How much is that future payment worth now...

Semi-Annual Interest [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am calculating a semiannual coupon on :Bond Valuation. I divided the interest by 2, ( 9% / 2 = 4.5%). I also multiply the maturity yrs by 2 (11 *2 = 22) Under the Present value of annuity table, I cannot find an interest of 4.5% and a maturity year of 22. What should I do? Do I...

View more questions Search