Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielford2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Some one adopted my son
    My son is 3 years old. I didn't know about that he was mine or see him until he was a little over 2 and a half years old. The mother only recently told me that he could be mine and that I had no legal rights to my son. Her wife/civil union partner adopted him. What can I do I did the DNA test and he my son how can I get my son back in my life and try to have the adoption contested? I live in New Jersey. The adoption was done under the conception that the child was a result of artificial insemination.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
    If you have a DNA test proving that you're the father, and you can prove that you never donated sperm, and that you had a sexual relationship with the mother, you go to court.

The mother committed fraud by stating that this child was a product of artificial insemination. The adoption never should have gone through without your consent.

I'm actually shocked that the mother would even tell you that you could be the father, and allow you to take a DNA test. Or was this court ordered?

Jun 11, 2012, 05:13 PM
    The mother was actually going through artificial insemination on the same time that we were together. We did the DNA together voluntarily it was not court ordered.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Get an attorney. You may not be able to overturn the adoption but you should be able to get visitation.

I wonder though, if the mother is going through financial hardships and is looking for child support.

Jun 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Scott
    A lot of attorney will not take the case because of the civil union part of it.
    Funny part I'm not mad at them I have help the mother in getting a apt drop my son to school ever day and help to fix her house so she can sell
    I feel that I can't get help from the superior court or child service my county transferred my case to another county about 1 hrs away when 2 of the 3 party live in one
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2012, 03:07 AM
    Not sure how much more we can help. You have to work through the courts. I would see if you can get some proof that you have tried to get an attorney and many have refused. The case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted son [ 2 Answers ]

I put my son up for adoption at the age of 18 he would be twenty six years old now and was born August sixth of 1985 at river side hospital in wichita ks and he went to a family in California

My son was adopted and is 16 now and wants to live with me [ 1 Answers ]

My son was adopted and is 16 now residing with his biological mother and his adopted father and wants to move to Florida to reside with me the biological father

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

My three year old son is being adopted [ 17 Answers ]

Hello my name is Sleema and I have five children two girls age 13,9 and three boys age 11,10.3 they been with dyfs for three year I been seening them on the weekends and every other Wednesday.Dyfs is giving me back 4 of my children but noot my babie they said he bonded with they foster mother but I...

Looking for adopted son - born 5/10/67 [ 3 Answers ]

To start, my name is Rosalee Gardner - Lindenmuth Known information about my son. Birth date: May 10th, 1967 or 5/10/67 Birth place: Manhattan, Kansas Adoption place: Columbus, Georgia Birth name : Grant Gardner / Lindenmuth Adoption type: Closed

View more questions Search