Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DenverFamily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 10:27 AM
    2nd Story Addition
    We just found out we're pregnant with our 2nd child and need to add to our existing home. Currently we have 1050 sq feet on the main floor of our home with a partial basment. The existing main has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. We would like to go up on our house and add a master suite, 2 kids rooms & bathroom. We would not change the footprint of the current house. Any guesstimates about price/sq foot or cost for the project. Any advice would be helpful to see if we can afford this.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 1, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverFamily
    We just found out we're pregnant with our 2nd child and need to add to our existing home. Currently we have 1050 sq feet on the main floor of our home with a partial basment. The existing main has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. We would like to go up on our house and add a master suite, 2 kids rooms & bathroom. We would not change the footprint of the current house. Any guesstimates about price/sq foot or cost for the project. Any advice would be helpful to see if we can afford this.
    I believe only Houdini could give a guestimate without a set of plans or a picture of your domicile to see what can be done. There is an answer on a recent post that may help in your decision making to add on. If I remember, the poster is LILJ19. Check it out and see if that helps. NM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New addition on home [ 5 Answers ]

What do I need to know when before I talk to contractors? I am putting on an addition to my ranch style home and I feel like I am clueless. Please help.

2nd Story Shower and Toilet Drain Leak [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: Yesterday, I noticed a dripping sound on the 1st floor ceiling of my home when the up-stair "master" bath shower was being used. I now hear even louder dripping sounds when the up-stair master bath toilet is flushed. I do not hear dripping sounds when the up-stairs "guest" bath toilet...

2nd story tub/shower drain slow [ 1 Answers ]

House is 35 years old and the shower tub (2nd floor) combination drains very slow.I have took off the drain screen and noticed that about 2 -3 inches below screen the drain has something that turns the water to drain. I cannot not snake from here because snake would not get past this piece. Any...

Toilet addition [ 5 Answers ]

There supposedly is a device, kind of like a garbage disposer, that allows you to pump the waste from a toilet through a 2-inch drain pipe. What exactly is that thing and how does it work?

2nd Story Shower Leak [ 5 Answers ]

I have a leak froma a second story shower (I think). I originally thought it was the drain, but after cutting kitchen area floor underneath the water seems to be coming from what I think is a vent. http://www.agtec.net/plumbing Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening. Thanks...

View more questions Search