Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rekhar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:39 AM
    I might not be here when I get my refund
    Hi,

I am jointly filing tax with my spouse who is right now not here, along with the ITIN application for him.

I might not be here by the time I receive my returns. Can they deposit the money in my bank account directly? Is that possible?

Regards,
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Rekhar:

Sorry for the delay in answering; there was a glitch in the updating process on my computer.

Keep your bank account open after you leave, and arrange for direct despoit of your refund to that account. This is a perfectly legal and safe way to get your refund quickly and efficiently.

You will need to coordinate with your bank and perhaps sign an authorization to close your account that they can keep on file. Once the refund(s) are received, you can communicate with the bank via phoen or email to have the money transferred to a bank inyour home country, then close the account.
    rekhar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Thanks!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax refund for F-1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am F-1 student and trying to file federal tax for the fifth year. This year an email was sent by one Mr. Tony Patel to all the Indian students in our university promising that we would get all the withheld amount back + $30!! Is this a genuine case? If I file by myself I would be getting...

Where's My Refund issues [ 1 Answers ]

I check the where's my refund frequently on the IRS.gov page. Sometimes is says that it is received and processing, and sometimes it says that I must have made a mistake. Other times it says I have made a mistake but works on my wife's SSN and not mine. What is going on here? How can it sometimes...

Where's My refund? [ 3 Answers ]

S0, I e-filed using Turbo Tax. Filed on Feb 2 I kept checking my status online on IRS.gov using Wheres my Refund? Till last night it showed, "Your return has been received and if no mistakes are found, u should get it by February 20" Now it shows,

J1 strange refund? [ 6 Answers ]

I was a exchange visitors-internship-with J1. I filed the form 1040NR EZ.My income for one year was about 12300. :( And by the form I supposed to receive refund about 260, but colegues received about 800?? What did I do wrong?? I thought that as J1 internship I shouldn't pay too much taxes?? ...

SS and Medicare refund [ 1 Answers ]

Since my employer took out SS and Medicare while I was on my OPT (until we found out he can't do that) I filed for a refund in January. I haven't heard back form the IRS yet. How lond does this usually take? I'm getting ready to move back home to Austria, so I was wondering if there is a way of...

View more questions Search