Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberpeipert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 08:04 PM
    Contractions?
    I'm 32 weeks4 days all day I have been feeling tighness in my stomach off and on... very painful but I was wondering if they're real contractions or Braxton hicks. Should I go to the hospital?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Are you timing the contractions? Do you know how?

Time the contractions from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next for an hour.

After an hour are they regular? By this I mean every 6-8 minutes for example or are they irregular 6-15 minutes then 4-10 minutes, for example.
    amberpeipert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Are you timing the contractions? Do you know how?

Time the contractions from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next for an hour.

After an hour are they regular? By this I mean every 6-8 minutes for example or are they irregular 6-15 minutes then 4-10 minutes, for example.
    I did they stay for at least 3 minutes go away n come back maybe 5 minutes later
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 08:27 PM
    My advice to you would be to go to the labor and delivery department you are supposed to deliver at and get evaluated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contractions? [ 1 Answers ]

I think I am having contractions every ten minutes that last one to two minutes each but I am not sure they are real.. I have been having these for about five hours now. Some of the seem to hurt but not all of them. I know that I am supposed to experience dull lower back pain and I have. I have...

Contractions [ 2 Answers ]

I started having contractions on Monday. I went to my doctor on Wednesday for a check up. She said my cervix was shortened a little and put me on procardia. I hate the medicine. But more than that I hate the fact that I was not monitored or checked more thoroughly. Is this normal? Should I get a...

Is this contractions? [ 2 Answers ]

Im 37 weeks pregnant an I'm having really bad pains in my ribs on my right side they come an go but its very painful an its also on the right side of my back is this contractions? Do I need to go to the hospital?

Having contractions but only 2 cm [ 1 Answers ]

I went in to preterm labor at 34 weeks they used mag to stop it and now that I have reached 37 weeks my contractions are strong and come 5 or 6 times an hour I have dialated to 2 cm and my doctors says if I get to 3 cm he will do a c-section (baby breech) I want to know how to get this last cm so I...

Are These Contractions! [ 1 Answers ]

Well later that night I noticed when I put my hand on her hip, my cat had tightening of the muscles beginning. It felt alsmost like a vibration, but you could feel kind of a strain. Are these contractions?

View more questions Search