Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    x-mo-x Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2007, 09:38 AM
    The Injection vs The Pill ?
    Hiya guys,

Im looking to find out about the injection, Im currently on the pill and have been for years but Im so forgetful, I havent taken it for 3 days now!!

Ive been told there are bad side effects though?? has anyone experienced any?? Ive also been told that it brings you out in spots on your chest but it makes your boobs bigger!

what is the best method of contriception??? pill or injection???

mocha81 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2007, 09:51 AM
    I get that the forgetful thing can be a problem, heck I forget too sometimes but I say go with the pill. I'd rather go for refills every 3 months then go to the doctors every month just to get an injection. Which I hate needles so it wasn't even a choice for me. Although if you think of it. The pill has been around much longer. I would think that the pill is much more effective then this new injection thing. There is also the nuvaring which is different. Although again. It's new so I wouldn't really trust it right now but you and others might. Just look them all up and then decide what's best for you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Everyone's body reacts differently to every kind of contraception. This is something that you should take up with your physician.

Now, if you don't want to get pregnant, and you can't remember to take you pill, I do suggest at least trying another form of contraception. The pill is not 100% effective, nor is any form of birth control for that matter, however, if not taken exactly right, the pill is not effective at all and should not even be considered for purposes of birth control.

Please contact your physician and discuss the pros and cons of the injection as they are very different for every woman and your doctor knows your body best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom has proplems with takeing pill like pain pill and stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I found this pill it is pink oval pill on one side it has a S on it the other side as numbers 8667 with a spilt line to.I would ask her but I don't want me not trusting her driving her back to them.I will trow the pill a way onces I find what it is so please help let me know if is is some kind of...

Want to have baby after injection [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get pregrant just other coming off the injection

Fuel Injection Relay Honda Prelude 1988 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 which has refused to start. The mechanics at the Honda shop say it's the Fuel Injection Relay, BUT they don't know it's location, OR ID number. I know that sounds strange but it's true. Can anyone help me please? Thank you. PS: This is a right hand drive car as I...

94 Regal fuel injection problem [ 3 Answers ]

94 Buick Regal, 3.8. It will be the death of me I am sure. First off, I am an experienced, knowledgeable mechanic, been fixing cars for 30 years, so I will understand any input here. List of things I have replaced.. Cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel pump, (fuel pressure is good), ignition module,...

View more questions Search