Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wheelingfun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
    11 year old boy with attitude and thinks he knows all
    I have an 11 year old boy with attitude and thinks he knows all. When explaining things to him he has an answer for everything. At the end of my rope.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelingfun View Post
    I have an 11 year old boy with attitude and thinks he knows all. When explaining things to him he has an answer for everything. At the end of my rope.
    What have you done to punish him so far? Or does he keep doing everything he was doing before without consequences for his actions?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 06:18 PM
    11 year old, they know it all, yep, just read 99.999percent of the 12 year olds that post here, including the one who knows he is old enough to have sex with his 11 year old girl friend and is upset because his pressure her is not working.

11 and 12 year olds do not listen, they think they know everything, and it just gets worst for the next 4 or 5 years in general.

There will be good times and there will be know it all times.

You don't allow them to talk back, grounding and time out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

11 year old boy has serious attitude about everything and is getting violent [ 2 Answers ]

My stepson who hasn't spoken to his mother in a long time ( which I'm sure contributes to his issues) has such a chip on his shoulder about doing anything. Helping out around the house, even homework. Gets in trouble at home and at school and it's getting so unbarable. I have an autistic son who is...

Attitude in my 8 year old girl. [ 3 Answers ]

Help, I have a 10 year old boy who is highly intellegent and very well behaved and an 8 year old girl who finds school a struggle and has a split personality. She can be so lovely and people think she is a little angel. Then if something isn't going her way or she you ask her to do something she...

10 year old girl - chores struggle - attitude - step dad. [ 2 Answers ]

Seems to be these pre teen years are quite a struggle. I try to pick my battles, create a positive environment etc. My daughter is 10 going on 17. We struggle about doing chores and mostly her attitude and tone. I try to implement structure and routine. I've always parented her in a friends first...

7 year old with an attitude [ 2 Answers ]

We raise our granddaughter who is 7 almost 8, we have custody of her. Her mom calls her sometimes but not near enough as she should. Her father has not called her in over a year, the only 1 time she has talked to him was when I called him to ask about her changing her last name to mine. Eden...

View more questions Search