Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asdasdasda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 01:35 AM
    I'm 15 and I haven't had my period for almost 3 months
    I haven't been into some sexual intercourse or something so I'm sure I'm not pregnant. But I'm still not having my period for almost 3 months now so this is freaking me out. I can't tell mom, she'd freak out too and it's awkward. I'm also gaining weight but I don't eat that much. Idk, please help me what to do to get my period back without going to the doctor.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Jun 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
    Asdasdasda,

Welcome to this beautiful site, first!

Nothing to worry about. It takes time for the periods to get regular with age, and maturity. Contraceptives or the birth-control pills regulate it, or they get regular automatically. You are just in teens, and that too in the middle of it, and it is common. It can take several years to get a "normal" period... Of course, "normal" is different for everybody. It doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with you, there are plenty of women that go through this problem, which is not a problem at all. Just relax.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 01:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahani Punjab View Post
    Nothing to worry about.
    Please tell me how you know there is nothing to worry about.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 02:18 AM
    If you are 15 and have never had intercourse it's obvious you are not pregnant. While it may take a while for some girls to regulate their periods, there are some medical conditions that can cause you to miss a period.

What is your diet like? You should have a hormone level checked by your doctor.

If you have never had sex you should not be embarrassed to talk to your mother about this. I'm sure she is as concerned about your health as you are.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahani Punjab View Post
    Asdasdasda,

Welcome to this beautiful site, first!

Nothing to worry about. It takes time for the periods to get regular with age, and maturity. Contraceptives or the birth-control pills regulate it, or they get regular automatically. You are just in teens, and that too in the middle of it, and it is common. It can take several years to get a "normal" period... Of course, "normal" is different for everybody. It doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with you, there are plenty of women that go through this problem, which is not a problem at all. Just relax.

Irresponsible advice when "see a Physician" is not included. I do not find this to be normal.
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Jun 26, 2012, 12:14 AM
    That is not a big deal... I think, is it compulsory for every replier to add 'see the medico'?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 05:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatla View Post
    That is not a big deal...i think, is it compulsory for every replier to add 'see the medico'?

Yes apparently it is - particularly when the advice comes from an RN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I missed my period for 2 months, my period start for couple hours and it stop [ 3 Answers ]

2 months I missed my period and last Monday my period started up again and it only last for couple of hours. I don't know what's going. Is this mean I'm pregnant or not?

Spotting for 2 months then period then 2 months spottingh then period? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I get my period then for the next 2 months I don't... only spotting then the next month I get it thenthe next 2 is spotting... etc. anyone know why? I'm not/havent been on b.c. and I'm not pregnant...

No period for months now period stopped [ 7 Answers ]

I haven't had a regular period since April and now its July. My last regular period was in the end of April of this yr. then in may there was nothing. No discharge of any kind no nothing last month; in June in the 20's all I had was a brown discharge and some streaks of blood towards the end. Now...

View more questions Search