Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honchoroncho Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Unauthorized use of a vehicle in ga
    I signed for a girl to get a car because her credit was too bad. She made a few payments but now does not make the payment and will not return the car to me to sell. What legal options do I have?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchoroncho View Post
    I signed for a girl to get a car because her credit was too bad. she made a few payments but now does not make the payment and will not return the car to me to sell. what legal options do I have?
    Whose name is it titled in?

Jun 10, 2012, 02:56 AM
    The car and the insurance is in my name and my name only
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 05:09 AM
    Then take the car, sell it, and pay off the loan.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
    And if she's hiding it... give her two days to bring it to you where YOU live and hand you the keys... or you WILL be reporting it to the police... and her name specifically will be mentioned. Then do it.

Your name on the title... your insurance... its YOUR rules. She has nothing to say in this matter.

Hope you learned something from this... never cosign a loan for anyone, and never get something like this for someone else... even a cell phone. If they can't get it on their own... then they don't need it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
    If her name is not "on the title, not on where it is registered or on the insurance, you keep paying for it, since it is your loan and your credit. You find the car and take it home.

Jun 10, 2012, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    And if she's hiding it...give her two days to bring it to you where YOU live and hand you the keys...or you WILL be reporting it to the police....and her name specifically will be mentioned. Then do it.

Your name on the title...your insurance...its YOUR rules. She has nothing to say in this matter.

Hope you learned something from this....never cosign a loan for anyone, and never get something like this for someone else....even a cell phone. If they can't get it on their own.....then they don't need it.
    Thanks Smoothy. That's exactly what I'll do and I'll never sign for anyone else again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unauthorized Negotiations by Union [ 4 Answers ]

I am a member of a collective bargaining unit in New York State that has been horribly mismanaged. The union's by laws are very specific about the requirements for a duly constituted negotiating board (most importantly a quorum of 7 out of 9 board members). For the longest time two seats had...

Unauthorized Charges [ 4 Answers ]

I recently made a payment to earthlink with my bankcard and the next day they charged me an additional 154.90 without my knowledge.when I called the companythey said that once they have your card numberthey can use it for anything that is due even without your permission to keep the number on file...

Unauthorized entry [ 2 Answers ]

I came and was barely able to get into my driveway. I live in a cul-de-sac the entire cul-de-sac was packed and I could barely get through. Once I did get through I saw around 20-30 people all going in and out of my premises, which is 15 Freda Court. My fiancé is the lease holder my name is not...

View more questions Search