Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MATTHEW7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Uneven laminate
    I have just finished laying laminate between two ajoining rooms. The problem is where the rooms meet the floor is uneven causing the laminate to split on the joins and feels wobbly under foot. What can I do to correct this? Please help...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Unfortunately you have a problem now. You should have leveled the floors before lay the laminate or created a hard stop between the two rooms and inserted a transition strip. To really fix this problem you will need to remove enough laminate to creat a flat surface.

Please rate my answer so I'll Know if I helped you. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uneven beard growth [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22 and am trying to grow a beard. I've got sideburns and the hair on my chin and 'tache grows quite well. However on the side of my face its not quite the same. Along the bottom of my face on the sides, hair grows, and there is a sort of thin patch going from roughly my sideburns to...

Uneven roof rafters [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of finishing part of our attic to be a 4th bedroom. I have found that the size of roof rafters vary (2x6, 2x6.5 and 2x7). How do I even these up so I can install a plasterboard ceiling?

Uneven basement floor [ 2 Answers ]

In our newer home, the basement was poured very unevenly. It cannot simply be filled as the uneveness is throughout a large area. (Imagine rolling hills!). What are the options for addressing this problem and what kind of costs are likely to be associated with each (e.g. hundreds or thousands of...

Uneven flange below floor [ 2 Answers ]

When I am facing the wall with the fresh water supply line - here is the situation in the house I just moved into. The back tip of the toilet flange is level with the floor and the other half is about 1 and 1/2 inches below the floor level. The flange is 3inch PVC. One side of the flange is...

Uneven grass [ 1 Answers ]

My yard has ruts in it because of the sprinkler system I had istalled pryor to having my sod laid. Is there a way to fix this problem? :-[

View more questions Search