Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keystonedesign Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Retaining wall cap stone bends
    I am having trouble making the cuts for the cap stones on a 90 degree bend using cst block. I have a straight run that makes a sharp 90 degree bend at the end of the wall. I need the caps to line up on the front and back of the cap before it all the way around the bend evenly. I can't have any gaps. I wanted to end the wall with a square 90 degree, but the homeowner wants all curves. How do I make these cuts? I think the answer is to make a bunch of small keystone shaped pieces around the bend, but I would really like to avoid making a bunch of small cuts, since it won't "flow" with the rest of the walls.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Can you provide a drawing, are you using a die grinder?
    Draw a Double Radius and reduced scale and draw what you want, Lot easier to correct with an eraser.
    Good Luck

These people are from down here:
    http://www.keystonecoralproducts.com/samples.htm

It would be nice if you foun a round disc of the material you want.
    Cut into 4 pieces like a pie, 90 degrees, and use 1 at each corner?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a retaining wall? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am going to be building a simple pole barn style shed, approximately 20 ft wide and 16 ft deep. The poles will be sunk into undisturbed soil, but the terrain where I want to place the shed slopes. The slope is about 3 feet over the 16 foot depth of the shed site. I'll be filling this...

Retaining wall [ 1 Answers ]

We put in a 24 round above ground pool... our yard is graded and they had to dig 31/2 feet into hillside to level... now we have this ditch sort of likearound 3/4 of pool... what the heck do I do to hold back all the earth from sliding into ditch and the walls of the pool..?

Retaining wall [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I have a 1.9 metre drop in elevation from my grade line on my home to the back alley and was wondering what the specs of lumber has to be tobuild a retaining wall, sections will still be 8 feet. What size posts and what thickness of planks do I have to use, and finally how far up towards...

Do I need a retaining wall? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Sorry for the long post... I've just had a 15x24 ft above ground pool installed. There is a slope of about a foot, so at one end the pool is ground level, and a foot in-ground at the other. The guys working for the pool installer say they're finished the job, but they've left a 1 foot...

View more questions Search