Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antwonette12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Please help with conception dates
    Hello, I got my last period April 15th orr 16th 2012. I had sex with an ex April 26th 2012 and then sex with another ex May 9, 10, 16 and 17. Is it possible to tell wich partner is most likely the father? When I check The conception calender I'm getting ex April 26th as the father am I right?
    itsimplytruth Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 8, 2012, 03:38 PM
    It depends on how many days that your menstrual cycle runs. A sure way is to see a physician and they can do a vaginal ultrasound measure the baby and tell you the date of conception.

Jun 8, 2012, 03:47 PM
    Thank you for your response. My cycle is average 28 days and a single period will last 5 days.
    itsimplytruth Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 8, 2012, 04:02 PM
    The first day of your cycle is day 1 count them out and then around day 13-15 you should ovulate
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Conception calendars are estimates, the sex is far too close together, they are good give or take week, ( often two weeks) There is no safe way at all to tell till the child is born and a DNA test is done. I am sorry I wish I could tell you there is a way to be exact, but there is none that will be that exact.

Jun 9, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Thanks again for the responses guys! So if I count 13 - 15 days from when I first got my last period an estimated or educated guess would be that I possibly conceived on the 28th give or take a few days, week, or two?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
    If your LMP was 4/15/12, then you most likely conceived on or around 4/29/12. Now remember I said "most likely." You see conception is only an educated guess on when you ovulate.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but with your dates so close together you are going to have to have a DNA test done after the baby is born in order to know without a shadow of a doubt who the father is.

Jun 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Thanks so much for heping me with the estimated calculation of conception J_9! I have one more question for you with the estimated conception date being the 29th days after the 26th could

Jun 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by antwonette12 View Post
    Thanks so much for heping me with the estimated calculation of conception J_9! I have one more question for you with the estimated conception date being the 29th days after the 26th could
    Sperm from the 26th have lived long enough to get me pregnant 4 days later?
    MuskokaGirl28 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jun 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
    Yes! Sperm can live up to 5 day in a woman's vagina. It take 12 hours for a sperm to connect itself to the woman's egg. In which it then makes its way through the fallopian tubes down into the uterus and will attach itself to the lining of the wall of the uterus. Depending on the woman and when her cycle is, an average cycle such as yours with a 28 day cylce and 5 days of menstruating, your most fertile days are 12-14 days after the first day of your last period. But because you had sex with two different people so close together its hard to tell, as we don't know the exact moment when the sperm connects to an egg. The best thing to do is go to your doctor and see what he/she has to say. A DNA test once the baby is born, is probably a good idea as well just to ease your mind and know for sure. Good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 03:22 PM
    It's possible Antwonette, but remember, unless a camera has been inserted into your fallopian tubes/ovaries, you never know EXACTLY when you ovulate. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conception dates [ 3 Answers ]

I am 13 weeks pregnant. My doctore says I am due September 3 2012 but when did I get pregnant

Conception dates [ 2 Answers ]

My monthly cycles run 26 days, my last cycle was 3-15-2009. I had sex on 3-22-09 I don't think he ejaculated but I'm not 100% certain. I had sex again on 3-28-09 I was ovulated on the 28th or 29th. I missed my period on 4-13-09 took an ept test, it was positive. My question is this: Since sperm can...

Conception Dates [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend unprotected on nov.27. Then I had protected sex with another guy on Dec.6 . Now I'm pregnant and my due date is Aug24 and I think my conception date was around Dec 3. Which guy is my baby's father?

Do doctors make mistakes about conception dates and due dates? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't understand, can doctors be wrong about conception dates and due dates?

Two different conception dates. I'm confused. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a son who is three months old now and I am extremely blessed. :cool: but I have had one thing weighing on my heart. I was dating this guy for about two weeks in November of 2006. we broke up around the 16th or 17th. I started my period the 19th. and I got a pregnancy test at a doctor's...

View more questions Search