Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SeBiCheese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 01:58 PM
    I want to be in Foster Care no matter what.
    Ok so my name is Sebastian and I'm 16 I'll be 17 in July, I live with rich stubborn stuck up parents,I live with my mother and stepfather and I hate them both. All my Stepfather ever does is downgrade me by telling me I'm a failure in everything I do and that I'm going nowhere in life, they say I lack respect when they don't even know the meaning of it... and my mother just backs him up ALL THE TIME. Anyway I'm a very hard working person, anything I choose to get into I become 100% dedicated whether it's helping someone or working. We have been through counseling and it doesn't help because neither of us want to be there so we make it seem like everything is all right... Im starting to get to the point where I want to deck my stepfather in the face, I have thoughts of smashing anything he owns and just ruining his life as payback for ruining mine.Im currently looking for a job and it's tough I'm going back to high school after the summer and at least I put effort into fixing my life, they don't understand that to change something you need to put effort into it, They show me no encouragement they ignore me and call me a visitor of the household, I didn't choose to marry the guy. I want to leave and go somewhere were I can be useful to a family at least until I turn 18, if I stay here any longer I worry about the possible danger all of us could be in just cause I bottle up my emotions... So my question is what would be the easiest and most quick route to foster care with out going through counselling or court because we already had counseling and obviously that doesn't help?
    anthonyrichardc Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 8, 2012, 03:42 PM
    What your parents have been doing is called emotional abuse (and child abuse), and it is a crime. If I were you I would just tell the Police - this is the easiest way to solve the problem, and they would sort everything out for you including where you can live without that kind of abuse. Of course you can clearly state to them that you don't want to prosecute your parents and they won't do that.

Make sure you yourself don't commit a crime by doing what you said you want to do to your dad. Otherwise you would get into trouble too.

Best of luck.
    itsimplytruth Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 8, 2012, 03:50 PM
    Hello,

I really wouldn't recommend foster care. A lot of children in foster care don't get assigned to families. You are 16 so shortly you will be an adult. I recommend you put all of your efforts into getting yourself together so that when you are 18 you have options such as going to college if you choose or at least a high school diploma so that you can get a job.

When you are a teenager parents are always the enemy but remember that they both already have what they need to sustain their life style. Focus on getting what you need, and instead of going to counseling and pretending that everything is all right. You start really talking about what it is that is bothering you. It is free help for your right now and if you are out on your own or in foster care you would not have the luxury of that.

Bottom line: Get what you need from your parents utilize the counseling as a way to better yourself and dedicate yourself to it 100% if they are pretending Let them pretend! Your life has yet to begin and when you are 18 you can do it just the way you want to do it!

Hang in their focus on you and not them!! Get what you need from them to ensure that you have a wonderful foundation for a beautiful life without them!

Best of luck to you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2012, 05:00 PM
    You obviously don't know what foster care is, first you most likely stay in a youth center with other kids till they find one. Some will believe that a good whipping is good for kids, others will control every bite of food you eat, since you are just a paycheck for them You will have nothing, no cell phones, and so on.
    , d
    There are good ones, but many are not. Next you will change schools most likely

That is if you can even get into it, All I see is a child who is not getting his way, did not want his mom to remarry and is not abused to any court standard.

So no , sorry, life is tough, it is not fair at times, and you only have about a year left till you can move out on your own

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to go into foster care. [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a 13 year old girl and I feel that I want to go into care. I have many reasons for this: I have been bullied at every single school I've been in and I'm fed up of where I live. I'm always arguing with my mum and step-dad and sometimes it ends up in my step-dad walking out for the night. I also...

Foster Care [ 4 Answers ]

I am a thirteen year old girl and I have not felt wanted since about 3 years of age my parents split up when my mam found out she was pregnant with me. Since that point in life I have had 13 primary's 1 secondary and 18 house's, my mam moved in with her boyfriend and started taking drugs. Then she...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search