Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpbruce12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 08:23 AM
    Declaration fee for Ghana
    I have a woman in Ghana her name is Joyce Wisdom, if that is her real name, and has asked me for funds for passport, visa, medical clearance and now for declaration fee for traveling to the u.s. It seems she is stuck in Accra at the airport for her to travel here because she needs $6,000 to get declaration approved for her to fly here. Is there any truth to this and what is the fee. I must have given her $1,500 for passport, $1,000 for medical clearance, $3,500 for her flight ticket and now she is asking for this declaration fee.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpbruce12 View Post
    I have a woman in Ghana her name is Joyce Wisdom, if that is her real name,
    Hello help:

You already KNOW it's not her real name.. That's why you're asking here instead of sending her money... Good thing, too, because you're being scammed. Hopefully you didn't send her any money already... It sounds like you did. It sounds like you're in their second phase of cheating you...

excon
    helpbruce12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello help:

You already KNOW it's not her real name.. That's why you're asking here instead of sending her money... Good thing, too, because you're being scammed. Hopefully you didn't send her any money already... It sounds like you did. It sounds like you're in their second phase of cheating you...

excon
    I guess I needed somebody to tell me. It seemed so real seeing her on the webcam and skyping me with messages so I never felt this was a scam . When I looked up these scams she did not fit the profile exactly but when it came to asking me for funds that's when I was a little concerned.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 08:37 AM
    It's the single most popular dating scam on the planet.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Hello again, bruce:

Glad you didn't send her anything yet... It must be national industry... It's been going on for a long time, and we get a few guys every month who get caught up in it.. They're VERY good at it. Even on THIS site, they join and scope out potential victims, and send them private messages about wanting to get to know us and exchange pictures... It's EASY to fall for.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does ghana have a declaration fee to leave ghana [ 5 Answers ]

I just wish to know if there is such a thing as a 4000aud fee for people to leave ghana

Ghana Declaration Fee Scam [ 2 Answers ]

I have been aproached by Diplomat via an U.S. soldier claiming he needs $5,000.00 because of a Declaration Fee required. This guy is nuts,but l have questions anyway. I know the fee is totally bogus and the Diplomat in a total idiot,l am almost certain he is posing as the U.S. soldier as well,my...

Ghana Declaration Fee [ 13 Answers ]

OK... this appears bogus. From what I've searched, this is like a BTA or PTA type fee which was discontinued. Maybe I'm wrong but is this valid. No way that I'm sending money... this person is on their own. Sent to me probably to see if I would react. The statutory declaraton fee imposed...

View more questions Search