Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cquezada Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Wording a thank you ad
    I need help wording a thank you ad to place in our community newspaper to the landscaping company that generously donated their time, talent and supplies to help our cub scout pack have a successful landscaping day.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Cub Scouts are not-for-profit. I'd advise against spending money on an ad in the newspaper.

Perhaps the newspaper would like to do a story about "landscaping day" (not Earth Day or Arbor Day) or perhaps a letter is sufficient thanks.

I work for a not-for-profit and the rules are very clear concerning where the donations go.

Jun 8, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Thank you for your message. The newspaper has said that they will place the ad for free because it is the scouts. What are your thoughts on this? Thank you.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 08:33 AM
    As long as it's free, no problem with IRS.

Your wording about how the company contributed in your first post is right on target. I'd add that "Cub Scouts Pack #X wants to thank Y for its [what you wrote above]."

You can add that the company's efforts made it a successful day.

Jun 8, 2012, 08:40 AM
    JudyKayTee,
    Great- thank you for your time and input! A last question I have is whether it is OK to inlcude the comapny's contact info. In the thank you ad?
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 09:35 AM
    I'd ask them - the problem with donating is that EVERYBODY then wants you to donate. See what the company says.

Jun 8, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Great point - I hadn't thought of that. Thank you.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Most people forget to say thank you, let alone say thank you publicly.

The company is going to be VERY pleased... and what a good example for the Scouts.

You don't need me to tell you you're doing a good job - but you're doing a good job. I think kids learn by example, not by droning on at them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re - wording question from before... [ 3 Answers ]

(1.79+1.42+G)/3 = 1.73 Find the answer to G please...

Wedding invitation wording [ 2 Answers ]

I want to invite my friends in my brothers wedding, some one please send me some good wording.

Stumped by Wording [ 2 Answers ]

I have problems dealing with word problems and I hope I can get some help in going in the right direction. A telephone bill lists a minimum of $7.50 for first 80 message units. What is the additional cost if it's plus 0.06 per unit for the next 60 units, plus 0.05 per unit for the next 60...

Invitation Wording [ 1 Answers ]

We are having an evening reception, starting at 7:30. Very small afternoon wedding, very large reception. We are not serving dinner, instead will provide a lot of our favorite appetizers and refreshments (an outlandish list of eclectic items)... A couple of friends have suggested that the...

View more questions Search