Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beardtwina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 07:54 AM
    How do I write a letter to my old employer to stop releasing my medical info
    My old employer is releasing my medical information about a workers comp injury and I longer wish to allow him to do so. He has released me as an employee and is still telling customers I am on medical leave and giving our my info.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 08:30 AM
    He's giving out your actual medical information OR he's saying you are on medical leave when you are not?

Depends what he's giving out.

You were fired by the company? You are no longer employed by this company?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 8, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beardtwina View Post
    ... still telling customers I am on medical leave and giving our my info.
    He is giving his customers information about your medical condition and treatment? What in the world would his customers want with that sort of information? And what makes you think he is doing so?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write a Probation letter to stop probation early [ 20 Answers ]

I have been on probation for a long time. I have done everything proper met all appointments and paid all fee's. I'm presently on un supervised probation but my probation will not end until October 09. I'm 70 years old and would like to travel but can't. I'm also blind and this puts a real burden...

I want to write a letter to HR to give info on housing and schooling [ 0 Answers ]

I want to write a letter to my HR of the company where I am joining asking for Accommodation and Schooling of kids

Can an employer ask about medical background based on a past due medical bill? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer question the nature of a medical bill or your medical background based on a past due medical bill on your credit report?

HIPAA Law Regarding Former Employer Releasing Information [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently unemployed. I approached a staffing company which asked me for two supervisory references, which I provided. Upon contacting my former employer to check the references the staffing company told me my ex-supervisor was reluctant to talk to him citing a company policy against giving...

View more questions Search