Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    14ever1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 08:59 PM
    Physics question regarding angular speed
    Here's the question-please show your work, thank you.

A Wheel is rolling without slipping at 487 meters per second to the right on a level surface. The diameter of the wheel is 100 centimeters. What is the angular speed of the wheel in revolutions per minute?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 8, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Divide the linear velocity of by the crcumference of the wheel - that will give you revolutions per second. Then multiply by 60 to get RPM.

By the way - 487m/s is faster than the speed of sound!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Angular speed [ 1 Answers ]

A bicycle with 50.80 diameter wheels is traveling at 28.00 . At what angular speed do the wheels turn? How long do they take to turn once around?

Pre-AP Physics.Rotational mechanics.angular momentum [ 1 Answers ]

I'm totally lost. We were given the equation that angular momentum = rotational inertia * angular velocity. I get that some what. Then I look at my homework. First of all, my teacher gives us notes she makes. But our homework isn't through her, she doesn't even always look at the questions we get....

Angular speed of the mass [ 1 Answers ]

The ball with mass m connected by means of two massless strings to a vertical rotating rod. The strings are tied to the rod and are taut. The tension in the upper string is T1. (Each angle of an and equilateral triangle is 60 degrees.) What is the angular speed of the mass?

Angular speed [ 2 Answers ]

When using the Speed= distance/time how would one go about plugging numbers in if the question in a wheel has the diameter of 7 and rotates 1700 revolution per minute. I know you use the Circunfrace which is 14pie then what do you do about the 1700 revolutions; where does that fit in? If any one...

View more questions Search