Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    n1208w Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 08:31 PM
    Why do I get so jealous?
    Hi,

I have a friend who I am very close with. He is gay. Last year he had a lot problems, suffered from bipolar disorder. He used to yell at me a lot and would often hurt me by not talking to me for long periods which would result in me not knowing if we were friends. But I also helped him heaps, we ended spending every weekend together and would talk on the phone every day, email all day, text every morning and whenever else we could. As much as I was helping him, I loved spending time with him and still do. He is my best friend and I feel so comfortable when I am with him.

He is much better now, taking medication and seems to be great. With that comes that he is not really spending as much time with me. He has told me on heaps of occasions that he doesn't want to spend time with me as much and that I am too clingy. I agree with this - I am really clingy and really jealous, but I think this developed when we were spending all of our time together.

I get really jealous when he hangs out with other people, even our combined friends, and doesn't want to see me. I become really clingy to be with him. Clearly I want to speand time with him and be a priority in his life but I am always left wondering if I am.

I have to make an issue out of everything. Every time he doesn't want to spend time with me I take it as a personal attack, like I am not good enough. He has organised weekly catch ups with other people and I get so upset, attacking him, because I have to beg to catch up with him now but he is offering himself to others.

What is wrong with me? Why am I attacking him so much. Why don't I feel like I will ever be the type of friend with him that I would like to be/that we were?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 07:53 AM
    This guy is just your friend and if you keep up this behavior you will lose him as a friend. Even y'all other mutual friends are started to sick of this behavior.

I think it bothers you that you are no longer his crutch. It is good that you was there for him while he was in a rough patch but you became you developed some depency issues as well as clinginess.

I suggest you start doing things tha doesn't involve your friend. Take up a new hobby, volunteer some where, etc. Seek counseling! You have to realize your friend is your friend not your boyfriend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When a married man acts jealous is he really jealous? [ 2 Answers ]

Mm acts jealous when he sees me around another guy.He stays around yo hear what I'm satin he's stopped one guy from texting ne.Could he really be jealous.or is it Luke a trophy type possession thing? So man sleeping with same mistress couple yrs don't have a jealous bone when it comes to her?

Am I too jealous or Are we over? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I met over the internet when I was 17. I am now 19 & he's 21. We've been together for a year and a half. I live in Toronto & he lives in Brampton. We try to see each other as much as possible but that isn't an easy thing to do seeing that neither of us has a car and my mom doesn't...

Am I too jealous? [ 23 Answers ]

I have been going out with my girlfriend for 3 months. We are still in school, and our relationship was going great. Then she started hanging out with this boy more and more. He is her exboyfriend and he is still in love with her. They share a locker, and he walks her to almost every class. He...

Why am I so jealous [ 4 Answers ]

Why am I so jealous of my boyfriend. Constantly think he wants to or is seeing someone else

How do I stop being jealous? Is this being jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend sent messages to guys do I have the right to be jealous? And when I ask her she make it out of fight saying I do not trust her. What is it?

View more questions Search