Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnaJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Is simvastatin causing my recent symptoms?
    Hello,
    I am a 26 year old female. I have familial hypercholesterolemia and have been taking simvastatin 20 since I was 18. My last appointment, almost 4 months ago, my dosage was upped to 40 mg simvastatin. Since then, I have gone from 116 pounds to 126 pounds, most of it in my stomach and hips, my breasts have shrunk nearly 2 cup sizes, I feel like I have a lower libido, my periods come either every 2 weeks or every 6 weeks, and I'm experiencing constant fatigue; I'm having trouble sleeping but even when I sleep well I don't feel rested when I wake up. I have had low bone density for a while, even before I started on the 40mg. Should I be concerned? Are any of these symptoms related to my dosage being upped? I have thought perhaps that simvastatin has affected my hormone levels but can't find anything conclusive on the internet. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    itsimplytruth Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
    I recommend you go and see your physician. If you have seen this many changes in your body since the dosage has been increased perhaps its too much for you. Sometimes we may think its one thing and in fact it is another condition all together. Just go in and have a checkup to ensure you are all right and so that you can feel comfortable with the increase in your medication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Simvastatin effect eye sight my husband has dim vision after taking for 3 months? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband had a cholesterol level of 4.5 with not other problems wasn't taking any stain medication , on 6th July he suffered a stroke effecting the left side of his body . He has made a good recovery but hospital policy secondry care states his cholestarol should be 3.6 , so was started on...

Looking for name of recent TV documentary [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, A documentary about Australian Aborigines aired recently--in August of 2009--on either the Nat Geo or History International. It concerned a white man, a Brit or Aussie, accompanying an Aboriginal father and other tribe members as they pass down their traditions and culture down to the young....

Could my symptoms be related to my recent actions or just a coincidence? [ 3 Answers ]

Im 17 years old and I've been taking a low dosage birth control for about half a year now. Its been working great but lately I've been smoking weed almost every day this month and I've been messing around with this guy. I got my period on the beginning of the last week that I was taking the pill...

What can be causing these symptoms? [ 1 Answers ]

For a month I have been experiencing poor concentration, appetite increase, fatigue, irritability,chronic hair loss, loss of menstrual cycle, and headaches. I got blood work done and my WBC was on the low side. I want to know if these symptoms and the low WBC are related. What could be causing...

Simvastatin medications side effect [ 1 Answers ]

Is taken simvastatin safe

View more questions Search