Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dylan0515 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Skipping a grade
    I'm 15 and I just finished seventh grade. I was hoping there was a way that I could take the LEAP test during the first two nine weeks and the rest or the school year the last nine weeks in high school
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan0515 View Post
    I'm 15 and i just finished seventh grade. I was hoping there was a way that i could take the LEAP test during the first two nine weeks and the rest or the school year the last nine weeks in high school
    Stuff like this usually depends on your school district or even your schools regulations on these type of matters. I'd suggest going to see your guidance counselor, they would know all the details and can probably point you in the right direction.
    Assuming you're from Louisiana which is where the LEAP test is given that I know of... I wasn't aware that it could be used to skip grades; I thought it was more of an assessment to make sure you were ready to move on. I've also never heard of people doing part of a school year in one grade and then moving to another grade unless that person was "brilliant."
    Again, speak with your guidance counselor or a teacher you trust they can tell you more.

Good luck!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 04:41 PM
    "15 and i just finished seventh grade" did you start late or what? Is your K-8 school district part of the 9-12 district some are and some are not. Some school systems will place students in a grade age appropriate and your age seems a bit out of line for finishing 7th grade at 15
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Where your grades all almost all Straight A/s but your parents go and talk to the school and see if your grades are good
    Enough.

Also did you do a end of the year test, like the CAT or one of the other national tests, I would assume you were in the 90 or above level?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I go to have my child tested for grade skipping? [ 10 Answers ]

Well,. I have an 13 year old daughter,and she feels that she is doing the same work very year,she is in the 8th grade,I wouldn't say she's an A honor roll student but she does make good grade.The question is where in Albany can I have my child tested to skip the 8th grade,and go on to bigger an...

Washington state's requirements for skipping a grade [ 1 Answers ]

We held our daughter back in 3rd grade. But now going into the 8th she is really ready to move to high school. We live in Washington State. Where do we begin?

Who do I go to in the state of Washington for Grade Skipping? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is 11 and in the 7th grade in the state of Washington. Aposing her classmates she has talents beyond the expected, with much talents in creative activities, leading and other reasons that would leave me to think she needs to bump a grade. We've discussed it and brought out the inner...

Skipping 8th grade [ 3 Answers ]

When I was in the 6th grade, at the end of the year my teachers and parents decided that I should repeat the grade. However, being in 7th grade has not proven to be a challenge and I decide I would try and get into high school for the next year, but I have no idea what to do!

View more questions Search