Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Igill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 01:05 PM
    My cartilage earring is infected
    My cartilage earring is infected. Any advice of what to do?
    Supermanhere Posts: 64, Reputation: -3

Jun 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Well first of all you should take them out... then put vasaline over the swollen or whatever holes that are there... it should make them feel a little better. You might just want to switch to regular earrings if they are bugging you and they hurt. I know they look cute but you need to protect and not hurt your body... when something hurts, deal with it before it gets worse. You also should maybe see a doctor if I gets really really bad. One thing I know that they'll say is to not wear them anymore...
    Good Luck!
    -Superman :P
    Supermanhere Posts: 64, Reputation: -3

Jun 7, 2012, 01:14 PM
    You might also want to get some medication at the pharmacy if you'd like or put ice on it... It might help...
    Good luck!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermanhere View Post
    Well first of all you should take them out... then put vasaline over the swollen or whatever holes that are there... it should make them feel a little better. You might just want to switch to regular earrings if they are bugging you and they hurt. I know they look cute but you need to protect and not hurt your body... when something hurts, deal with it before it gets worse. You also should maybe see a doctor if i gets really really bad. One thing i know that theyll say is to not wear them anymore...
    Good Luck!

Vaseline does NOT help when an infection is involved. In fact, vaseline can make it worse.

You did read that this is a cartilage piercing, not one in an ear lobe, before you recommended "regular earrings"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I change my cartilage earring? [ 4 Answers ]

I had my cartilage pierced on November 16th with a gun and I was wondering when I can safely change my earring. It doesn't hurt and I can sleep on my side again. It's not red anymore either. Maybe a little bit of pink but definitely not red. I can touch it and rotate the earring without pain and I...

My cartilage earring [ 1 Answers ]

I got my first cartilage earring done about a year and a half ago. Then, I got another one about 6 months ago, and it got infected, so I took it out. After it healed all the way, I got another one. It was doing grea the first few months, but now its red, swollen and it hurts really bad if I...

My daughter took her earring out of her cartilage peircing [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter took her earring out of her cartilage that was hurting, will it close over night?

When can I wear a hoop/horseshoe earring in my cartilage? [ 2 Answers ]

How long after a cartilage piercing do I have to wait to wear a captive hoop or horse shoe?

When can I change my cartilage earring? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my cartilage pierced on November 16th with a gun and I was wondering when I can safely change my earring. It doesn't hurt and I can sleep on my side again. It's not red anymore either. Maybe a little bit of pink but definitely not red. I can touch it and rotate the earring without pain and I...

View more questions Search