Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murphyboy83 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 10:03 PM
    A closed case!
    Once a case is closed, is it possible to appeal it even though I signed a waiver basically signing over my rights? I got charged for 6 bad checks I didn't write and how I found out was I got rear ended and the reporting officer said I had a warrant out for my arrest. So after doing the accident report I was arrested, booked and jailed. Come to find out my wife wrote the checks on my closed account while I was away. What can I do in a situation like that, even though I have signed the guilty waiver and paid for the restitution already? I need some advice because I didn't write the checks though I was still charged with 6 different counts of bad checks. If I were to get my wife to write to the judge explaining that she did it, would that change anything... I need help!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
    You need to consult an attorney. But waiving your rights was not a smart thing to do.

What you CAN do is sue your wife for the amount of the reimbursement. This will establish that you didn't write the checks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Hello again, murph:

To recap: you're wife wrote the checks. You were charged (or at least contacted by whoever she wrote the checks to), so you signed something that said YOU were guilty, and YOU paid ALL the checks.

But, the store (or whoever she wrote the checks to) wasn't satisfied with just getting their money back, so they called the police, and a warrant is out for you.

Do I understand that right? I don't think you need to DO anything. Because what you did do, DIDN'T WORK, at all. You need a lawyer.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eustachain tubes closed [ 2 Answers ]

My Eustachain tubes are closed up, and I have ringing in the ears that started recently after trying acupuncture for hearing loss. Test reveled significantly more hearing loss in my left ear. Any ideas how to keep tubes open.

Closed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find my twin who was adopted at birth. I have no information on who adopted her or what her adopted name is. What is the best way to find her?

G4 cd tray stuck closed [ 2 Answers ]

My cd tray is stuck closed with a blank cd in it. I have a mac quicksilver g4. There used to be a little hole you could stick a clip in to open it, but not on this model. Any suggestions?

My thermostat closed up... [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 94 mitsubishi mighty max 2-wheel drive truck.My engine is a 4-cylinder 2.4liter.It has 93,000 miles on it.My thermostat closed up the other day and my truck started to overheat I was heading home so every couple of miles I would stop and let the truck cool down but I think I still may...

View more questions Search