Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natwilson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 07:17 AM
    Can I be denied my benefits
    I was fired from a job of 6 years under a new office manager she claims I did unsatisfactoy billing and wrote me up. I never had problems before she got this position. She fired me a month later can I be denied my benefits? There is Way more to the story
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by natwilson View Post
    I was fired from a job of 6 years under a new office manager she claims i did unsatisfactoy billing and wrote me up. I never had problems before she got this position. She fired me a month later can i be denied my benifits? There is Way more to the story
    You better give us the rest of the story.. because under certain circumstances they can and might deny you unemployment benefits.

Now with that said... you could always appeal a denial.

Jun 7, 2012, 07:40 AM
    E=smoothy;3143756]You better give us the rest of the story.. because under certain circumstances they can and might deny you unemployment benefits.

Now with that said... you could always appeal a denial.[/QUOTE]
    Well I currently have a case going on with the EEOC for discrimination. I don't have a bad work record, she just didn't want to work with people of my race she gpt rid of the only 2 of my race. I broke no company rules if I were so bad in my work I would not have been there that long. It's just because she claims I made tp many billing errors the other 2 girls I billed with made errors too we all did but nin were a lot and how can you not we billed 700 to 900 bills a piece a day! Oh by the way she paid me severance pay.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Definitely appeal the denial of benefits... that is assuming you were actually denied them when you applied. It sounds like you are concerned you would be... but haven't yet applied.

However if you were... I would definitely bring up the EEOC case at the appeal.

Jun 7, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Definately appeal the denial of benifits....that is assuming you were actually denied them when you applied. It sounds like you are concerned you would be...but haven't yet applied.

However if you were...I would definately bring up the EEOC case at the appeal.
    I APPLIED 6 WEEKS AGO HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET.
    They know about the case because they didn't give me a separation blank. So I had to explain she also said it's very rare or employers don't normaly give serverance pay to fired employees.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 10:08 AM
    If you haven't heard anything from the Unemployment office yet.. contact them and see if you can find the status. Yeah its going to take a lot of time on the phone or in line.

If they reject your application... they will tell you in writing and give you details how to appeal the decision. With the huge numbers of unemployed people the last few years... delays in processing are common and what I feel excessive.

Jun 7, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    If you haven't heard anything from the Unemployment office yet..contact them and see if you can find the status. Yeah its going to take a lot of time on the phone or in line.

If they reject your application...they will tell you in writing and give you details how to appeal the decision. With the huge numbers of unemployed people the last few years...delays in processing are common and what I feel excessive.
    I have calles 3 times each time it's still pending and it's hard to get that line. She said may take up to 6 weeks to hear something.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Well no news is good news... At least it hasn't been rejected and you might still collect. Without having to put up a fight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Walmart.com/my benifits/w2 [ 2 Answers ]

I am a former associate of walmart. How or can I view my w2?

View more questions Search