Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jl91509 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 11:52 PM
    5 weeks 3 days but on 6/5/12 I was told I have an abnormal pregnancy
    I want to know if Its possible to see a Gest. Sac at 5 weeks 3 days but not see a Baby, I was told I have an abnormal pregnancy... But I don't believe them.

1. I have seen online many women do not show a yolk or baby until after 6 weeks pregnant, Is this true??

I was given medicine to make me miscarriage but I'm afraid to take the medicine unless I know for sure, so I have an obgyn apt made for 6/12/12 and I would be apx. 6 weeks 3 days, So I was thinking maybe a second opinion would be more rational, instead of questioning the possibility for the rest of my life.

2. I want to know if I'm doing the right thing??

3. I was also told that if this indeed was an abnormal pregnancy that I would have to wait 6 months before even trying to conceive again, or I would be at risk of miscarriage of another pregnancy, I wanted to know finally if this is also true?

Me & my fiance have been TTC for about 3 yrs now, and found out 5/25/12 that I was pregnant for the first time. Now I am just emotionally exhausted and don't have any idea of what to do.

My HCG level is high, and I have been eating healthy, taking prenatals, making sure to rest a lot and taking it easy no heavy lifting or exercise because I have PCOS I have struggled with conceiving, now that we have succeeded I just want to make the right choice.
    Attached Images

Jun 7, 2012, 07:01 PM
    1. I have seen online many women do not show a yolk or baby until after 6 weeks pregnant, Is this true??

I found out today from paperwork/ lab results that the doctors found a yolk & gest. Sac in my uterus, but no fetal pole or heart beat is noticeable yet. It's noted that its possible that the findings represent a normal early pregnancy vs anembryonic pregnancy.

I was only 5 weeks and 3 days when the ultrasound was done has anyone else experienced not being able to see a fetal pole or any embryonic heart activity on an early ultrasound??
    itsimplytruth Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 7, 2012, 07:13 PM
    If you ever have a doubt about any medical care that you receive.. it doesn't ever hurt to get a second opinion. Trust yourself and if you feel you need a second opinion to be comfortable then get one! You have to be able to live with whatever decisions that you make!

Jun 7, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Thank you! That's what I have been thinking, I just finished viewing the copy of my ultrasound and I actually see in 4 pictures there is something inside of the gest. Sac. And I was told that it was empty...
    itsimplytruth Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 7, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Your Welcome!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Was this ultrasound abdominal or transvaginal?

Jun 8, 2012, 11:17 AM
    They did both, and said they seen the yolk and Gest. Sac but no fetal pole or heart beat yet. And told me they should be able to see something, gave me D/C medicine and sent me home, but I have no signs of miscarriage and I didn't believe them so I haven't taken the medicine.

They never told me I had the choice to let the pregnancy misscarry on its own if that is indeed what will happen, and they told me there was no chance when in fact I came home and found there are many women that do not show a fetal pole or heartbeat until at least 6 weeks but up to 10 weeks.

The Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Site has given me hope because there are over 2,000 women who have similar stories to mine, with successful endings. Even my sister had a ultrasound at 3-4 weeks couldn't see anything and then went back at 10 weeks and seen my beautiful nephew on the screen.

So as a nurse do you believe its possible, that they misdiagnosed me?

I have had no bleeding, or bloody discharge even in the slightest, my HCG level is 21,000 which is a LOT higher then when they first told me I was pregnant, and I still have all the pregnancy symptoms, cravings, bloating, a little trouble sleeping, but I'm sleeping a lot because I'm tired, sore/tender/swollen breasts, nausea, and I only had some cramping during the beginning of the pregnancy, but was told its probably the embryo implanting itself where it should be. No menstrual-like cramping since.

On one of the ultrasound reports it says reviewed by the radiologist and he stated in the report that he believes my ultrasound shows the results of an early pregnancy not anembryonic pregnancy.

Jun 11, 2012, 01:29 PM
    "Morning sickness" officially kicked in 4 days ago but has been getting slightly more intense as the days go by, smells are wayy more intense, even my sense of taste is off. But not only do I start feeling nauseous as soon as I wake up, but when I first started getting the sick feelings I would eat something and it would go away, now even if I eat, ( If I can eat) it doesn't really sub-side, really about the only thing I found that helps is goldfish crackers, and sleep.

Instead of getting any kind of signs of miscarriage I am getting more intense pregnancy symptoms. Today I am 6 weeks 2 days.

Jun 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
    I was told today at my OBGYN apt that everything is fine, I'm progressing normally. <3 And they want to do an ultrasound in another 4 weeks, they said its more practical because they will be able to see everything, instead of misdiagnosing me idiotically. I'm so excited it great news, makes me happy. But I wish I could tell the rest of the women that are asking the same thing I did my news. ALWAYS get a second or even third opinion lol It's very intelligent and very much worth it! And you ALWAYS have a choice on a D&C! If you question it, then don't just go with "what the doctors say" because they are people too and yeahhh sometimes they are WRONG! <3 6 weeks 3 days today. <3 <3 <3
    Expert

Jun 12, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jl91509 View Post
    If you question it, then don't just go with "what the doctors say" because they are people too and yeahhh sometimes they are WRONG!! <3 6 weeks 3 days today. <3 <3 <3
    It's not that we are "people too" and that we are "WRONG," we practice medicine. There are always going to be mistakes made because in many instances there are no hard and fast rules that are appropriate to every single individual. We cannot be 100% correct 100% of the time.

Jun 13, 2012, 09:37 AM
    I understand what you mean but I would still say diagnosing me as having a miscarriage, telling me I have no chance, and sending me home with D&C medicine was more then a mistake. They almost made me kill my first child, I'd say they were wrong instead of just "made a mistake" a mistake would be saying I'm having a boy but then I have a girl. A mistake is like a "oops im sorry kinda thing" you can just brush off but they messed up and were wrong for telling me what they did, this was their fault. They dissagreed with the radiologist and head ER nurse in the very beginning and now every doctor, I have seen afterwards has told me that should have never happened. They all say "It was way too early to make a clear diagnosis".
    Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Yes, it was too early to make a clear diagnosis. 5 weeks is way too early to say anything one way or another unless it is a tubal pregnancy.

This is why I always recommend a second opinion.
    MuskokaGirl28 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
    I agree with J_9.
    When things go wrong people automatically judge every doctor/nurse out there and its wrong. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect and if it wasn't for these doctors/nurses then our health would be at risk with no chance of any help.
    I want to congratulate you on the great news of your baby jl9. That's so amazing to hear. And a hope for every other woman out there having the same problem. Second opinions even thirds lol are always good. Especially when you have that "gut" feeling something is wrong or your being misdiagnosed. Good luck hun. So happy for you! :)!!

Jun 13, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Just posted 2 pics, one of the ultrasound and the latest one of my tummy, Big change since the first pic which was the original one posted. <3
    Attached Images

Jul 14, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Today I am 11weeks exactly. But here is my updated pic @ 10 weeks 3 days. :)
    Attached Images

Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Wow, for ten weeks you are really showing. Looks more like about 20 weeks!

Jul 15, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Wow, for ten weeks you are really showing. Looks more like about 20 weeks!
    Yeahh, that's what everyone keeps telling me... lol Here Is me at 11 weeks. This was taken yesterday. :)
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

19 years old. 32 weeks and 2 days today. Weight right now is 186. Before pregnancy ar [ 1 Answers ]

19 years old. 32 weeks and 2 days today. Weight right now is 186. Before pregnancy around 160. This is first baby which is a boy. I have high BP every time I go to the doctor. My feet always go numb and turn purple randomly even if I'm sitting down. They have done testing every time to see if I...

Abnormal vaginal bleeding 12 weeks after C-section, after D & C [ 3 Answers ]

I had a c-section on January 3rd. I had the normal bleeding after that stopped. About 1 week later I started bleeding again. My doc said it was probably my period. I thought that was odd since I was breastfeeding. As each day went by my bleeding progressed. When I was changing a pad every 30...

I am 20 weeks pregnant with no fluid ar ound baby,I was told to terminate pregnancy, [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pr egnant with no fluid ar ound baby,I was told to ter minate pr egnancy...

3 weeks 6 days pregnant.when should I perform pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I did homw pregnancy test 2days before.and it came nagetive.now I'm 3 weeks 6 days pregnant.when should I perform pregnancy test?

23 weeks, brown discharge - previous abnormal pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello - I'm 23 weeks pregnant, been having some brown discharge for the past two days. I saw my dr yesterday, he told me it was nothing to worry about. (I will be calling him again tomorrow). I have a 3-yr-old daughter and my previous pregnancy ended at 22 weeks (severe caudal regression...

View more questions Search