Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SASSYJO10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Trafficking and felon
    I am asking this for a person who owns a Billiards /restaurant club in a small town. The police came in saying someone has said they bought POT there and ask who sold it ,they all said no one.The police ask if they had a restroom and went in it,came out saying he found a baggy with residue of cocaine in it and searched the place. They found no cocaine or Pot,but did find a gun in the safe and 50,000 on the owner. The gun belonged to the other owner who forgot it in the safe when he left that morning. The owner that was there had carried his money because he had been broken into several times at his home and had his safe stolen. There was also 60 Percocet (?) pills in the safe. Okay question is can they get the owner who was there for being a felon in possession of a firearm even if he didn't know it was there? And what is the charge for the pills?Can they take the money and charge them with trafficking even if nothing was sold to anyone? Thanks for all help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Hello SASSY:

First and foremost, I think the search was illegal. I think finding a bag with residue in a public restroom ISN'T grounds to search a public establishment.

If that's so, then it's ALL out the window. If it isn't so, then your friend has some trouble.

Should the search hold up, I think it depends on who had access to the safe, and where it was. It was apparently open. Can they charge this person with a felon in possession of a gun? They can charge him, and they might convict him, too. The pills? Again, it depends on who had access to the safe. Sure they'll charge him, and they might convict him too. The money? Oh, for sure they're going to take that. In order for him to get it back, he's going to have to prove it's his. Can they charge him with trafficking? Sure, and they probably will too.

What?? You think they're nice guys?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

Can A Felon Be Bonded [ 11 Answers ]

Can a person with a felony conviction that occurred over 45 years ago be bonded. The conviction did not have anything to do with theft.

What do I go to college for as a felon? [ 9 Answers ]

I am almost 23 and a felon... I've been working dead end labor jobs for the past 4 and a half years and decided I want to go college to make more money because I can't survive now on my own with what I make a year... so my question is what can I go to school to study for that will overall give me a...

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

Three time felon [ 12 Answers ]

I am a two time felon. I would like to know if I am convicted a third time is it possible I could get probation instead of sitting in jail. I just got off parole, but I haven't had probation. Do you think I have another chance to do right?

View more questions Search