Jun 6, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Cleaning commercial post remodel pricing
    Need advice on pricing for post remodel commercial property
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 05:00 PM
    Hi trs,

Get the total sq ft.

Ask for specifications. If not go over every thing that they want done and take copious notes.

What sort of flooring; carpet, VCT or other hard floor/s?

Will there be any large items that you have to dispose of: you will need a dumpster.

Is there any high work: ceiling piping, vents, ceiling cleaning, etc?

What is the timeline to finish?

Is there more than one area and is the cleaning to be done progressive? If so, then after each section is completed have the owner or job sup walk the areas with you and have him/her sign off that the area is cleaned to their satisfaction.

After you get back with this info I will be able to help you in the pricing, although I may have a question or two more.

Stringer
    tsr9396 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer View Post
    hi trs,

get the total sq ft.

**** 2605 sq ft

ask for specifications. If not go over every thing that they want done and take copious notes.

****detail thorough cleaning. Most will be sheet-rock dust, maybe over spray of paint, under counters, inside drawers, baseboards, trim

what sort of flooring; carpet, vct or other hard floor/s?

****ceramic tile, equipment rental will be needed

will there be any large items that you have to dispose of: You will need a dumpster.

****nothing to move or work around

is there any high work: Ceiling piping, vents, ceiling cleaning, etc?

****yes, vents light fixtures, ceiling, ceiling fans, walls

what is the timeline to finish?

****four hours evening, then full day next day

is there more than one area and is the cleaning to be done progressive? If so, then after each section is completed have the owner or job sup walk the areas with you and have him/her sign off that the area is cleaned to their satisfaction.

****two customer areas, service counter area, two bathrooms, kitchen, store room, 12 floor to ceiling double windows, entry area, exterior of stainless steel appliances

***how many of my should i have to help with job? Do i need to itemize proposal? Should i offer discount if paid within certain time frame?

### thank you so much for your help. Ive been trying to get into the new construction/remodel cleaning for awhile, this may be the door ive been waiting for.

After you get back with this info i will be able to help you in the pricing, although i may have a question or two more.

Stringer
    ----------
    ------------
    Business Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 11:04 AM
    HI Tsr,

I am a bit busy presently however I will get back to you later this afternoon.

Stringer
    Business Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 07:16 PM
    I do not know where you are located and pricing varies for many reasons such as union or non union, other labor costs, how much profit you want, etc. And pricing is always your personal decision in the end of course.

However I offer this; based upon the info you have provided above I would figure labor at 300 to 400 square feet per hour for the general cleaning, then 'time in' the other items such as walls, vents, piping, etc. This will give you a guide as to how many people you will need. If you are going to perform labor yourself it will save labor costs. The first couple years I was out on as many jobs as I could fins the time to. Many times I didn't sleep for days on end.

Figure a total of all your labor costs, insurance, taxes, equipment, supplies, admin, desired/competitive profit, etc.

Add up all these costs and divide it by how many total man hours, this will give you a 'loaded' hourly rate which in my opinion should be somewhere around $18 to $20 / hour. (Only a guess as I don't know your needs/costs) This is contingent upon your costs for example; are you going to need a scissor lift to do the high work? Additional cost for sure. Figure ALL your costs into one lump sum add a percentage of profit.

Is this building new? If so, are you to do inside and out of the windows? Are there stickers on these windows, takes more time... Things like this have to be considered when pricing.

This way you will have the leaded hourly rate to check your progression and a total price which is probably what the GC or owner wants.

Be sure to get a walk through when you finish and a 'sign off' that your work is complete and satisfactory.

I hope this helps some, any questions? Ask away...

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning pricing [ 1 Answers ]

Aprox 2,000 sq ft 2 restrooms /men/women kitchen area carpet. Large cementfloor storeroom. What should it cost

Pricing commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How much should I change for a 350,000 square foot building.

Commercial Cleaning Pricing [ 2 Answers ]

Good Afternoon, I run a works program and we have opportunities to bid on janitorial and cleaning contracts in the Central FL area. We do this kind of work currently in-house and also through another agency in the state. The pricing for the outside work is done by the state agency so we...

Commercial cleaning pricing [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning, What is the average price that should be charged for cleaning a commercial bldg in frederick county, Maryland? I received a proposal to clean a 9400 sq ft bldg for $585.00 per month. When I do the math, $585.00 divided by 9400 = 0.07 per sq ft. This seems low to me. What...

View more questions Search