Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbruce Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Kitchen Counter Tops
    I am looking into replacing our counter top with Corian. Is this a good idea or not?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Corian, granite, quartz are all very good and you will pay for their quality. If you price each you will see they are all well above laminates. Corian is not as hard as granite but it will give you good service. Take time to make all comparisons because you will have your counter top for many, many years. Don't be penny wise and dollar folish to save a few hundred dollars. Buy what you love.
    Please rate my answer so I'll Know if I helped you. Good luck
    jbruce Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Corian, granite, quartz are all very good and you will pay for their quality. If you price each you will see they are all well above laminates. Corian is not as hard as granite but it will give you good service. Take time to make all comparisions because you will have your counter top for many, many years. Don't be penny wise and dollar folish to save a few hundred dollars. Buy whta you love.
    Please rate my answer so I'll Know if I helped you. Good luck
    Thanks Ballengerb1,
    From what I have been reading Corian may be too soft and may scratch easily. I am leaning towards using the man made granite tops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate Sheets for kitchen counter tops [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get laminate sheets to cover my existing laminate counter tops. Everywhere I have looked they sell the precut counters themselves, but they are standard sizes. I have one counter that is L shaped and very long and that's not standard size I...

Over the Counter Drugs [ 1 Answers ]

When I have PMS and then my period, I have two medications I usually take. During PMS, my main symptom is irritability, so I take Pamprin which helps alleviate that. However, when my period comes, I get bad stomach cramps. Although the box and bottle of Pamprin says it is supposed to relieve all...

Counter Offer [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to cancel a counter offer that has been accepted? If so how should I go about doing it?:confused:

Corian Counter [ 2 Answers ]

What tool would you use to cut Corian? I have a piece from an old kitchen counter that I want to cut into a 20"x20" cutting board. It is about 3/4" thick and the longest cut I have to make is about 24". Thanks

Counter-Strike [ 3 Answers ]

Ok does anyone know how to change your spray logo on Halflife: CounterStrike? If you know how please tell me..

View more questions Search