Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JayL2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Trouble reconnecting the sprayer
    Yesterday night, my sink sprayer somehow got disconnected from the main water line under the sink. I cleaned everything under it and try to reconnect it, but it seems that I'm missing some kind of a quick connect adapter or something. My sprayer is my only faucet at the kitchen sink, there is no other ones. The hose from the sprayer has threads, but there are no threads on the water line to screw it in, so I must be missing some kind of an adapter in between. Please, look at the pictures attached. I have a feeling that this is something minor I can do myself, I just don't know what should I be looking for at the store. So if you can tell me the name for the part or the adapter, I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2012, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL2012 View Post
    Yesterday night, my sink sprayer somehow got disconnected from the main water line under the sink. I cleaned everything under it and try to reconnect it, but it seems that I'm missing some kind of a quick connect adapter or something. My sprayer is my only faucet at the kitchen sink, there is no other ones. The hose from the sprayer has threads, but there are no threads on the water line to screw it in, so I must be missing some kind of an adapter in between. Please, look at the pictures attached. I have a feeling that this is something minor I can do myself, I just don't know what should I be looking for at the store. So if you can tell me the name for the part or the adapter, I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

Sounds like the hose threads have gone AWOL. Since replacements are so inexpensive why not simply replace it. Check out replacements at.
    http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Plumbing-Parts-Repair-Faucet-Parts-Repair-Pull-Out-Spray-Hose/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbqnu/h_d2/Navigation?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&cm_mmc=SEM|THD|G|D 26WaterHeaters|PlumbingRepair&skwcid=TC|16340|%2Bk itchen%20%2Bsprayer%20%2Breplacement||S|b|17343638 141
    Good luck, Tom
    JayL2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Tom,
    Thank you for your reply, but I can not click on this link. Is there a part number or a name ?
    Regards,
    Jay
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Try this one. Tom

Plumbing - Plumbing Parts & Repair - Faucet Parts & Repair - Pull Out Spray & Hose at The Home Depot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sprayer head for fredrich grohe kitchen sprayer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a f-g single faucet with pull-out sprayer head. This head either sprays or streams water with the push of a butten. I only streams now. Inside the head is a washer which is bad due to use (20 yrs old). I need to replace and need a diagram to see how to get the 'valve'(?) out and a place to...

Reconnecting ceiling fixture - configuration? [ 2 Answers ]

When I took out the old fixture, I neglected to note the configuration (small mistake, big headaches!). Unlike all other configs in the condo, this one has: on one side - black, red, white and ground; on the other side, black, white and ground. Both grounds are connected to the box. I've tried a...

Having trouble finding the correct kitchen sink sprayer nonthreaded replacement hose. [ 9 Answers ]

The valve assembly under the sink is brass with a integral tee for the sprayer hose. The hose connector is unthreaded. Under the sink at the end of the stainless steel sprayer hose is a 3/4" long brass coupling, then a gray plastic piece inserted into the brass coupling that fits over the integral...

Having trouble detaching old sink sprayer to install new one [ 8 Answers ]

My old sink sprayer was leaking so I bought a new one to install. I also bought a basin wrench. When I tried to detach the old sprayer hose from underneath the faucet, I couldn't get it to move at all. I used a regular wrench and the basin wrench but I'm just not strong enough to loosen the...

View more questions Search