Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumbalina03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 10:24 AM
    3 Judgements on my credit report.
    I am in the process of cleaning up my credit. I was not very responsible with my bills and now have almost 8 thousand dollars in judgements... How do I go about clearing this off my credit reoprt and paying them off.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sumbalina03 View Post
    I am in the process of cleaning up my credit. I was not very responsible with my bills and now have almost 8 thousand dollars in judgements... How do I go about clearing this off of my credit reoprt and paying them off.
    There is only one way... Pay off those judgements. Its not going off your credit reports until after they are paid in full.

If it takes a second job... do it. The sooner the better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can judgements be removed from a credit report? [ 5 Answers ]

I couldn't afford two tickets from two years ago, both are in the collections (Alliance One) that the court here uses and I'm paying them shortly. Can or will they be removed once paid? It seems fair that something that has no relation to credit, besides my loose ability to pay something on time...

Can the mortgage company still report a foreclosure on my credit report ? [ 6 Answers ]

In 2005 I filed bankruptcy and did not reaffirm my mortgage. I am walking away from my house 2010 - can the mortgage company still report a foreclosure on my credit report now, in 2010, even though I am not longer responsible and it was included and is already on my credit report as forgiven back...

Can a debt collector report on a credit report that the wrong date was open [ 2 Answers ]

Your post is somewhat confusing, but this is my best guess: You opened a credit card in 2005 and defaulted on the payments. The credit card company sold the debt to a collection agency, probably in 2008, so the agency is listing their open date as 2008. You want to know if this is legal......

Judgements/how to remove from credit report [ 8 Answers ]

I had a judgement filed against me in early 2006.The amount was$135.00 I paid off The judgement within two months.My problem is that although I have sent a copy of The court papers which are marked.. case status.closed.I also sent a copy of the check Along with the check number and the...

Judgements on a credit report [ 2 Answers ]

How does a judgement get to your credit report? If I had a judgement against me, the court did not ask for my SSN. How will the credit agencies find out about the judgement? Does the plaintiff have to do something to make the credit agencies aware of the judgement? Thanks! Jw

View more questions Search