Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emma_ox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 12:31 AM
    Failing !
    Hi. Basically I am a 20 year old nursing student in my second year. I have recently come back from a weeks holiday in Egypt were I suffered quite badly with dehydration on the last day, for some reaosn this has set my anxiety off! This has made university a really big struggle for me this year. I absolutely dred going into my lectures in case I have a panic attack, I don't feel asthough I'm getting much support from my friends at uni either. Every time I take a day off I get aload of questions as to why I haven't come in which makes me feel worse. I don't even want to know what my attendance is. Were only really allowed to have 10 days of for the whole year maximum! But I have definitely taken more than 10 days. The more days I miss the worse I feel, as I just know I'm going to be kicked of the course. I have actually informed my teachers at university of how I've been feeling, and they have been quite supportive. However, there's only so much they can do for me. I don't want to fail as I don't want my family to be disapointed in me. I feel asthough this is my future I'm ruining. Not only that, I have placement at the end of this month and I don't feel asthough ill be able to face going in. On placement you can sometimes see quite stressfull things and I don't feel like I can face it! Ive even wondered if nursing is the right career path for me, or if I'm only thinking this because of how I'm feeling at the moment. I just don't feel happy or myself at the moment, I'm really scared I'm going to ruin everything. I haven't told my parents yet as I don't even know were id start, and theyd probably think I was being silly. I feel like such a failure at the moment, and I'm getting angry at myself for how I'm feeling because its just not me at all, and I can't seem to pull myself out of it.
    Advice needed!!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 02:59 AM
    My impression is that you very well may have chosen the wrong career path. If you feel panicked about your schooling environment now, how will you react to real medical situations and emergencies? Talk to a counselor and either decide to buckle down and give it a real try or possibly find out if you can transfer the credits you have already earned toward another field. Possibly you just need to mature somewhat but the continued very borderline performance now can affect your future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failing ua [ 1 Answers ]

Well this is about my brother violating his probation he has been out for two months and every pee test was good except for fridays this past Friday so now he is jail and worried about him I just want to know how much time he will do ? Can someone please help

My PC is failing [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP on 160HD - IE7 etc. This just started today after months and years problem free. Cannot head towards (My Computer).. it freezes. Will not display my Pindrive or contents. Does not open as before when I stuck it in the USB. What could possibly be the problem?

Bulbs keep failing [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys. I have a living room fire that is a blow heater with low and high settings and a flame effect that automatically comes on when the heater is on. In the past the light which is a Fireglow bulb(60w painted red) went off so I initially thought it had blew but when I lightly tapped the...

Failing to Appear [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 16 years old and I live in canada,I ben charged with theft under 5000 , anyway I forgot to take my fingerprints at the station due to my grandpa's death. Am I going to be arrested and ever since I got caught the store said they will mail me a letter with the fine, how I have not received a...

View more questions Search