Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angel12896 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 10:25 PM
    I can't "get wet" before sex? Help me?
    I am very in love with my boyfriend and we have been sexually active only with each other. We have been having sex only for around 4-5 months but we have been together for the last 2 years. At first, it was so easy for me to "get wet" during foreplay and within the last few weeks I don't "get wet" and it is hard for us to have sex even with a lubed up condom. It also gets painful after a while from the friction. I don't want to just go buy a bunch of lube, cause I want to fix whatever the problem with my body is. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated, Ive done my research and I don't want lube to be the only answer. Please help me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
    You are stressing yourself out of the sheer pleasure of the sex act and overthinking the pregnancy thing. Stop dwelling on pregnancy and just have fun with sex. Plus, your guy needs to start long before hitting the sheets in order to get you into the right mood and begin turning you on. He has to remember that, for a woman, foreplay begins in her brain hours earlier. If you need ideas on how he can do that, let us know.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 07:59 AM
    You're using condoms! That's awesome. Do you have secondary form of birthcontrol? Specifically hormonal, or The Pill/ring/patch/shot?

There is nothing wrong with using lube. I understand your issue. Anything else going on in your life?

Jun 6, 2012, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    You're using condoms! That's awesome. Do you have secondary form of birthcontrol? Specifically hormonal, or The Pill/ring/patch/shot? There is nothing wrong with using lube. I understand your issue. Anything else going on in your life?

I've been on the combo pill for 3 months now. I've been a little stressed lately but usually I can focus on sex and not let myself worry let alone even think about it. I don't have a problem using lube but if I can fix the problem myself naturally it would be a relief.

Jun 6, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You are stressing yourself out of the sheer pleasure of the sex act and overthinking the pregnancy thing. Stop dwelling on pregnancy and just have fun with sex. Plus, your guy needs to start long before hitting the sheets in order to get you into the right mood and begin turning you on. He has to remember that, for a woman, foreplay begins in her brain hours earlier. If you need ideas on how he can do that, let us know.

I have no pregnancy worry. I have a period every month, that isn't a concern. I just want to figure out how to fix my lubrication problem, mainly because it has made sex painful and irritating for my body. I know how to start foreplay but I need some ideas. Me and my boyfriend have school so we usually text but otherthan that any ideas?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 09:14 PM
    So when do you start foreplay? Fifteen minutes before the big moment?

Jun 6, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So when do you start foreplay? Fifteen minutes before the big moment?
    Sometimes it ends up that way. I know that's not how it's supposed to happen but we have busy lives and we never plan to have sex, at the beginning of the day. What do you suggest we do differently? Or to do in general?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel12896 View Post
    I've been on the combo pill for 3 months now. I've been a little stressed lately but usually I can focus on sex and not let myself worry let alone even think about it. I don't have a problem using lube but if I can fix the problem myself naturally it would be a relief.
    Certain Hormonal birth control pills can cause Vaginal Dryness. If you're not really into it, you could also not be producing the natural lubrication either. Ie if you're stressed about whether you're going to be able to eat tomorrow might weigh heavily on your mind so you don't really get turned on. So when you and your mate go at it, you don't get turned on enough for a good amount of wetness.

I would continue to use the lube as required. I have also noticed with condom use that the rubber tends to soak up or wick away the natural lube. After a period lube is almost required. As I said, what I noticed, you mileage may vary.

Jun 8, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Certain Hormonal birth control pills can cause Vaginal Dryness. If you're not really into it, you could also not be producing the natural lubrication either. Ie if you're stressed about whether or not you're going to be able to eat tomorrow might weigh heavily on your mind so you don't really get turned on. So when you and your mate go at it, you don't get turned on enough for a good amount of wetness.

I would continue to use the lube as required. I have also noticed with condom use that the rubber tends to soak up or wick away the natural lube. After a period of time lube is almost required. As I said, what I noticed, you mileage may vary.
    Thanks
    DrStrangeluv Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2012, 03:51 AM
    Natural lubrication is controlled by your estrogen. A drop in estrogen level (by various reasons) reduces available moisture. Physiologically this may be the issue, which you may consult your physician for possible check up/solutions.

Other common factors of dryness may be anxiety (worrying about insufficient lube before getting there), allergy/cold medications, douching (and allergy to other chemicals in hygiene products), or simply insufficient arousal (perhaps try planning a sexy date and set time aside for an extended period of foreplay to reach a higher level of arousal before intercourse).

All in all wetness varies from person to person, and may change depending on the state of body or mind. There is not exactly a "normal" level of wetness, the use of a personal lubrication is not uncommon.
    JeremyParkerGM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
    The following could also be an issue...
    1. Your nervousness, and general worry about your lack of wetness could be causing the problem in itself.
    2. Are you relaxing enough? Your partner also has a big part to play in helping you to relax.
    3. Unskilled foreplay on your partners part.
    4. Other medical issues or medications that you might be taking currently - consult your doctor if you think this could potentially be a side effect of taking the medication.
    5. Alcohol, specifically drinking too much, could also be an issue.

Jeremy Parker

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

You guys are going to get sick of me here... "WET VENTING"? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so picture this with me here... (sorry for the poor diagram) I'm putting in a bathroom in my basement. The waste stack comes into the floor right next to the exterior wall. #1) I'm going to put my toilet next to that. I can just join that to the main waste with a "Y" right? No vent...

View more questions Search